Atomic Active CLR Wedge ( + KPA ) for Live Shows ..... a super quick question please .....

• Hi all

Am doing a few shows next week and [ very fortunately ] the guitarist in another band I am in who has an Active Atomic CLR Wedge has offered to let me use his CLR for these shows as he is currently in the studio and not using it ……. all good J

I have used his CLR in the past for live shows but these were very small, “quitter” gigs - these upcoming shows will be very rock / very modern rock and very loud in style.

I’ve played in the venue a few times [ with “real” amps and “real” cabs ] and as such, the physical setup for these shows will be:-

- I’ll be using the CLR in these shows as my “ back line “ guitar cab

- I’ll be running the CLR [ like my real cabs ] “ off-the floor “ to avoid any bass-coupling-effect etc….

- I’ll be running the CLR [ like my real cabs ] on a couple of trusty “ plastic milk-crate “ so it will be elevated about 2 feet off the ground

- I’ll have the CLR “ on its side “ so it is projecting horizontally [ not Wedge style ]

- Stage wise, the CLR will be around 6 feet or so behind me

So ….. given the above stage set up:-

-> would it be best to run the CLR in “ FF “ Free Field mode -or- “ TLT “ Tilt mode -or- “ BL “ Backline mode ?

Many Thanks,

Ben

• Actually CLR is recommended to be set in FF mode for the described setup, not BL mode. BL mode is when CLR in on the floor and not elevated.

Sorry, I overlooked the milk crate elevation. In this case FF might be better but there's nothing wrong with experimenting with both settings.

• Sorry, I overlooked the milk crate elevation. In this case FF might be better but there's nothing wrong with experimenting with both settings.

Agreed.

The stage/room you are playing in will have a big effect on your sound, so you should try them both. Good luck!

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.