Reamping Questions

• Hi,

I know this may have been discussed here but I am having a hard time figuring out a Way how I can comfortably Reamp my recorded DI's with the Kemper and Pro Tools 10.

Reamping in General isn't a Problem for me and I am pretty happy with how it works with my Setup (Audient ID22 Interface, Pro Tools 10 and the Kemper Rack).

But I haven't found a convenient way to layer my Guitar DI's.

I would like to use one recorded DI Track and reamp it with 2 different Profiles (for Example a 5150 and a Rectifier). The Problem I am struggling with is that I want to hear how 2 Profiles sound together without reamping them first. So the Computer plays back the first recorded Profile and during that I want to browse thru other Profiles in the Kemper. Doing this gives me kinda strange Phase Issues which are Due to the Delay causes by Conversions and Cable Length I guess.
    SPDIF isn't an option by now.

So maybe someone can explain to me or send me links how to setup everything so I am able to do it as I intendet it to do.

Heavy Greetz

• A little trick I learned was to record a sine wave beep at 1k -20db.

Even if your not using a click track, put it a bit before your di track on a grid mark.

[Blocked Image: http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t378/kizzertron/ss%201_zpspmiryb4a.jpg]

When you hit play and record the beep will be recorded onto the next track. From this you can calculate the latency. Use tab to transient on your new track and then holding shift click on the grid line before it where the original beep started, you can now read the latency in the counter at the top (use ms or samples)
    If you've already recorded the track you could highlight the area and change to shuffle mode, hit delete and the track would be back in time with the di track.

[Blocked Image: http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t378/kizzertron/ss2_zpsellwln39.jpg]

To answer your question however...... I would set up the beep on your di track, hook up your kemper, choose a profile and run the beep through to your second track. Measure the latency and then duplicate the playlist of your original di track and move it up by that amount.

i.e the Kemper has 5ms latency, move your di track up so it starts 5ms earlier. Now all your tracks will be phase accurate.

As I said, duplicate your di playlist, so you keep the original track as it was.

Hope that makes sense!

• Hi and thanks for the Answer,

your answer makes totally sense cause I understand what you mean. I always put a click in front of all DI's so I can realign the Recording later to the exact position where the Original DI was. That's why I know that the Delay/Latency is about 345 Samples.
    But I never thought about the method you mentioned with duplicating the first recorded Track and Shift it to the right (probably 345 Samples) and only listen to that and the Profile I want to layer on the first One.

I always tried Time Adjuster and that didn't really work. Even when I put it on the first Track I recorded with 345 Samples it still sounded phasey.

I will definetly try out your method and hope it works for me.

Heavy Greetz

• Try using the Constant Latency setting in the Profiler. Output Menu, page 5/6.

This is already turned on. It gives me the constant latency of about 345 Samples I guess when I do reamping from my Computer and Interface.

I have to do some reampings later and I will try out the method kizzer recommended.

Heavy Greetz