Posts by EachHit

Hello,

I am curious if anybody had any luck in connecting 2 Kemper Profilers via SPDIF to a Windows PC. I am thinking about getting a second Profiler to speed up my Reamping Process. So for example I could reamp to DI Tracks at once.

The Support mentioned a possibility with the Roland M-1000 but that is no more on the market.

I know that using Analog In and Outs would be a possibility but I don't wanna add more noise and extra DA-AD Conversion.

Maybe someone knows a Device which would do that for me. I would really like to be able to reamp 2 Tracks at once so I could instantly how the Sound would be in Stereo when reamping 2 different DI Signals at once.

Heavy Greetz

Hi,

I would like to have some tips and tricks on how to correctly reamp via S/PDIF. I have done a lot of Reamping in the Past just with the Analog Outputs and that worked fine. I also did a lot of Reamps where I just send the Amp Section from the Kemper via a seperate power Amp to one of my Cabs which I miced and recorded it back.

That was giving me mostly very good results.

I also did some Reamps via S/PDIF on my Audient ID22. But that was quiete a PitA because I had to use 2 Lindy Converter to get from Cinch to ADAT.

But now I own a RME Fireface UC and I wanted to give the S/PDIF Route a new Chance.

First thing I noticed is that the Kemper is now able to Handle different Resolution. So now I don't have to convert my DI's to 44.1 and can leave them just at 48KHZ.

I also realised that I don't get the same Results when I send the same signal anlog back and forth through the Kemper that the recorded Audio is much more saturated and fatter. But the Digitally reamped track sounded a little weaker even it was the same Level.

When I turned the Reamp Sens up to 12db it seems that the results are pretty close together.

Maybe someone can share some Tricks and Tips what would be the best way with the best Result in Quality.

Heavy Greetz

Hi,

nach längerer Zeit habe ich mal wieder ein paar eigene Profile erstellen wollen. Bislang hatte ich damit nicht so große Probleme und ich konnte nicht wirklich die Unterschiede zwischen dem Kemper Profile und dem Original mit Mikros abgenommenen Amp heraushören.

Heute habe ich versucht einen ENGL E646 zu Profilen der an einer ENGL 4x12 Box hing und mit 3 Mikros abgenommen wurde (e906, SM57, TL120). Das ganze ging in ein Behringer X32 auf dem ich dann die 3 Mikros zusammengemischt habe und danach ging es wieder zurück in den Kemper. Habe dann die erstellten Profile per Kopfhörer der im Kemper eingestöpselt habe und es klang immer das Signal des Originalamps besser. Nicht das das Kemperprofil total daneben war, aber der Originalamp hatte immer ein kleines bischen mehr Biss bzw. wie ich es nenne Schmatz. Selbst nach mehrmaligem Refineprozess klang für mich der Originalamp ein bisschen besser. Komischerweise habe ich danach einen Engl Invader Profiled mit exakt der gleichen Box, Mikros etc. und da war das Kemper Profil ein bisschen näher dran am Original. Beim zweiten Amp wurde zum Profilen aber eine andere Gitarre genommen.
    Hat jemand Tips wie man ein noch besseres Ergebnis bem Profilen erreichen kann und was man am besten beim Refineprozess machen sollte?

Heavy Greetz

Hi,

I am looking for some tips and tricks how to get the best sound out of the Kemper when I connect it to a real 4x12 Guitar Cabinet.

My Rack Version is one without PowerRack so I bought myself an external Power Amplifier. It's the new One from Ritteramps. Connecting everything worked ok and I got sound out of my Cab.

My Purpose isn't to play live with this setup. I want to be able to reamp my DI Signals I already recorded. So maybe somebody can share his experiences with me how to make the best out of it.

For Example how do you influence the Volume which is coming out of the Cab.

Heavy Greetz

The cab is in another Room and the Volume is not so loud. And the Volume in the Control Room is loud enough so you have almost no bleed from the other Room.

I could try and do the Profiling without the Mixer. Hopefully I can connect the Monitors directly to the Kemper so I am able to hear how that sounds in the Room. Never thought of that. For single Miced Cabs this will be an option but if I want to use a multimiced Cab I have to get it working with my Setup.

If it would be helpfuly I could Record all the Channels seperatley so you can hear what I am talking about.

Heavy Greetz

Hi,

after owning the Kemper for a while without using it for making Profiles I decided to start digging into that.

I managed it to connect the Kemper in my Setup and I already did a Profile. My Problem may not be an issue with the Profiler itself but the final Profile doesn't really sound like my Miced Cab.

Let me first write how everything is setup:

I have a Behringer X32 and everything is connected to that. My Guitar goes into the Kemper Front Input. The Kemper Direct Out goes straight to my Engl Thundehead which is connected to an ENGL Cab. This is miced with an SM57 which is connected to the X32 and from there it goes back to the Return Input from the Kemper.

When I start the Profiling the Kemper Amp and the Reference Amp sounds pretty similar. But when I listen directly to the SM57 which comes into my Behringen then this Sound is much better. It has a lot more Top End. And I don't know really why that is so.

Maybe someone can help me out so that the final Profile will sound exactly like the Sound I am hearing when I listen to the miced Cab thru the Behringer X32.

Heavy Greetz

you need to make sure that Profiler is the clock master to your PT rig or alternatively perform a sampling rate conversion on the input of your sound card.

It seems that I can't tell my Rig to do that without refusing it to work properly. I guess I had to change the Word Clock in the Settings for the Audio Interface, right? There are two Options for the Clock Source. Internal and Optical. When using Internal I can reamp but I get the issues that the recorded tracks are never the same. When I switch to Optical there is no Signal getting to the Kemper and all that without changing any settings regarding to the outputs.

I uploaded 3 Tracks to show you where my Problem is and what is bothering me.

https://www.sendspace.com/file…3qTwYrvEDrqlkAfA%2FFHRvvJ

Heavy Greetz

Try enabling "constant latency" on the Kemper - I believe it is in the System menu.

I tried it with the Constant Latency turned off, even restarted the Kemper. But that didn't help. Maybe it's an issue with the Converters which are making the ADAT into SPDIF and Vice Versa. I would like to hear about somebody who os reamping completely digital if it is possible to get the same exact signal each time when recording the same signal a few times.

Next I will try to change the Settings from the Pro Tools Delay Compensation. And if this doesn't work I may contact the Audient Support and ask if they can help.

Heavy Greetz

Hi,

I have some problems regarding reamping thru the Kemper using SPDIF.

My Setup is the following:

Pro Tools 10.3.10 (Windows 7), Audient iD22 Interface, Kemper (4.0.6.12337)

My Interface has no SPDIF Connections but it has ADAT. That's why I use 2 Lindy Converter which are doing the Job.

The Problem I am having right now is that I can't get the setup to work 100% correctly. I can reamp using SPDIF but my recorded Signal never starts at the same point. I reamped the same signal about 10 times and none of the recorded signal started at the same position. There were somtimes differences up to 24 Samples. I alligned the Signal so everything starts at the exact same position. Then I played to signals which I recorded and flipped the phase on one of them to see if I always get the exact same Signal. But after doing that I get some strange results. Sometimes there is a Stuttering white Noise (seems to be in sync with the Tempo of the Song) and sometimes there is white Noise which returns to a Signal where you can hear the actual Riff again I was playing.
    It may have something to do with the Clock Settings but when I switch the Audient Interface from Internal to Optical then the Signal from Pro Tools isn't send out to the Kemper anymore.

I hope somebody can help me out and understands what I am trying to describe. Maybe I could upload some soundfiles later on.

Heavy Greetz

200 Bucks would be too expensive for me to get the Job done. I think I have to switch to 44.1kHz to reamp some stuff and resample it later when I put it in my normal Session. All my drums are also recorded at 48kHz.

Heavy Greetz

Hi,

after reamping a lot with the analog Outputs I decided to give it a try and use the SPDIF Connections instead.

My ID22 doesn't have a SPDIF Output so I order a Lindy Converter which should work fine.

Now my Question is if there is a way to use the Kemper with A Samplerate of 48KHz. That's the Samplerate I used on all my Recordings. I read something about a hidden Feature in the System Menu (Artist Mode) But I didn't find anything related to the Samplerate. In the next Days I should receive the Cables and the Converter and it would be good to know how I should set everything Up when using the SPDIF Connections.

Heavy Greetz

Hello,

I may have some Issues with my Kemper. Lately I realised that a lot of my recorded Tracks have got a lot of Hiss in it. I am not sure if I may have a problem with my Kemper or if there is something wrong with my other Hardware.
    Today I also noticed that my Display is flickering quite a lot.

Maybe someone can help me out to figure out if I may have a problem. Maybe someone can help me out and reamp some of my DI Signal with the same Profiles I use so I can hear if the Hiss is just an issue of the Profile I use.

Heavy Greetz

Sure, you can lock any section you would like to stay the same. Then Browse through your rigs either directly on the KPA or using the Rig Manager. If you want to audition just the the cab or amp section from your rigs, it is advisable to also lock the whole "stomps" and "effects" blocks.

Using the rig manager you can edit the tags of multiple rigs at once.

Yeah I realised that yesterday that I can Lock the Ampsection as well. But it seems that when I only change the Cabs that the Name of that Profile is showing up in the Kemper. I guess I have to spend more time with trying that out. And I just realised after reading your posting that I can edit the Tags in the Inspector. Never tried that before. So this will help when I want to edit the Profile Name. But I guess when I rename them I won't be able to find the Original Profile again when I don't write it down so I know which one I renamed.

Heavy Greetz

Just lock the cab and change to any rig you like. The cab will stay the same. Very fast and efficient

Does this also work with the Amplifier. Would make totally sense.

I am not very experienced in browsing thru the Kemper itself. Right now I am trying to find an easy way to rename my Profiles in the Rig Editor.

Heavy Greetz

Hi,

lately I am playing around with changing Cabs on some Profiles. Sometimes I search in the Libarary after a specific Mic/Cab and use that on a Profile I liked,

Maybe there is an easier way to do that then the Method I use. Normally I browse thru the Rig Manager and search let's say for a Royer 121. Then I want to use that Cab Profile with another Amp Profile.
    So I need to put the Profile with the Cab I want on my Kemper, then Save the Cab on it's own Preset, then open the Amp Profile I wanted to use and last load the Cab Profile.

This way is taking me much too long when I want to try out different Cabs on a Profile.

I would be glad if someone could give me some Tips how I can do that faster and easier.

Heavy Greetz

Try using the Constant Latency setting in the Profiler. Output Menu, page 5/6.

This is already turned on. It gives me the constant latency of about 345 Samples I guess when I do reamping from my Computer and Interface.

I have to do some reampings later and I will try out the method kizzer recommended.

Heavy Greetz

Hi and thanks for the Answer,

your answer makes totally sense cause I understand what you mean. I always put a click in front of all DI's so I can realign the Recording later to the exact position where the Original DI was. That's why I know that the Delay/Latency is about 345 Samples.
    But I never thought about the method you mentioned with duplicating the first recorded Track and Shift it to the right (probably 345 Samples) and only listen to that and the Profile I want to layer on the first One.

I always tried Time Adjuster and that didn't really work. Even when I put it on the first Track I recorded with 345 Samples it still sounded phasey.

I will definetly try out your method and hope it works for me.

Heavy Greetz

Hi,

I know this may have been discussed here but I am having a hard time figuring out a Way how I can comfortably Reamp my recorded DI's with the Kemper and Pro Tools 10.

Reamping in General isn't a Problem for me and I am pretty happy with how it works with my Setup (Audient ID22 Interface, Pro Tools 10 and the Kemper Rack).

But I haven't found a convenient way to layer my Guitar DI's.

I would like to use one recorded DI Track and reamp it with 2 different Profiles (for Example a 5150 and a Rectifier). The Problem I am struggling with is that I want to hear how 2 Profiles sound together without reamping them first. So the Computer plays back the first recorded Profile and during that I want to browse thru other Profiles in the Kemper. Doing this gives me kinda strange Phase Issues which are Due to the Delay causes by Conversions and Cable Length I guess.
    SPDIF isn't an option by now.

So maybe someone can explain to me or send me links how to setup everything so I am able to do it as I intendet it to do.

Heavy Greetz

Hi,

I was trying to record a DI Signal along with the Sound coming from the Main Outs of my Kemper.

The Output of the Direct Out was set so the DI is send thru the Direct Out but the signal which is coming into the Audio Interface (Behringer X32). The Behringer only has XLR Inputs and no Hi-Z.
    do I need to use a DI before going into the Interface?

The Signal which is coming into the Interface is very low in Volume and also very thin sounding. I have to crank up the Gain from the Interface a lot so there is a lot of Hiss also.

Maybe someone can tell me if I could do it without a DI Box.

Heavy Greetz