Trouble with Profiling (Profile doesn't sound like the Original Mic)

• Hi,

after owning the Kemper for a while without using it for making Profiles I decided to start digging into that.

I managed it to connect the Kemper in my Setup and I already did a Profile. My Problem may not be an issue with the Profiler itself but the final Profile doesn't really sound like my Miced Cab.

Let me first write how everything is setup:

I have a Behringer X32 and everything is connected to that. My Guitar goes into the Kemper Front Input. The Kemper Direct Out goes straight to my Engl Thundehead which is connected to an ENGL Cab. This is miced with an SM57 which is connected to the X32 and from there it goes back to the Return Input from the Kemper.

When I start the Profiling the Kemper Amp and the Reference Amp sounds pretty similar. But when I listen directly to the SM57 which comes into my Behringen then this Sound is much better. It has a lot more Top End. And I don't know really why that is so.

Maybe someone can help me out so that the final Profile will sound exactly like the Sound I am hearing when I listen to the miced Cab thru the Behringer X32.

Heavy Greetz

• Isolating the mic cab so you cannot hear it at all or as minimum as possible is crucial. Turn up the studio monitors pretty loud to make sure you are hearing both clearly and can make a more mix ready judgement. This is what I had to do.

Jason

• The cab is in another Room and the Volume is not so loud. And the Volume in the Control Room is loud enough so you have almost no bleed from the other Room.

I could try and do the Profiling without the Mixer. Hopefully I can connect the Monitors directly to the Kemper so I am able to hear how that sounds in the Room. Never thought of that. For single Miced Cabs this will be an option but if I want to use a multimiced Cab I have to get it working with my Setup.

If it would be helpfuly I could Record all the Channels seperatley so you can hear what I am talking about.

Heavy Greetz