ups battery back-up for kemper guitar amp

• I was trying to find a continuous online ups battery power supply for the kemper guitar amp so I get clean power with no chance of volt fluctuations. When I went to the CDW site, they want to know how many watts load I am running. I don't have any idea what the specifics of watt load are for a kemper when being used at a gig. Does it hurt to have more load capacity than the kemper actually uses? I would think I might want a ups that runs up to 1500 watts which is a standard power outlet circuit?

Does anybody know what unit I want to buy? I want continuous clean power supplied by the ups battery. I am not worried about a real power outage just want the cleanest power to run the kemper since my power voltage fluctuates at my place. It would be nice not to pay a fortune either.

thanks!

• Are you sure you want a battery backup? Here's a quick primer on voltage regulators/UPS:
    http://www.sweetwater.com/insy…ps-differences-explained/
    For the most part, I'm hoping the power stays on and I'm more concerned about spikes/drops during the show - which is definitely more problematic; or the voltage is constantly high or low. Can you get that "brown sound" by running the Kemper at low voltage? ;)

A power conditioner is probably what you need.I've got a few Furman power regulators to keep things consistent.

As far as wattage requirements, I see the Toaster specs with power amp requires a 10A fuse so for 120V, that's 1200W. The non powered version has a 0.5A fuse so it's practically nothing, 60 Watts.

Any official EE's out there? I'm just dangerous with a soldering iron, a multi-meter and wikipedia.

• Thanks for the link!

I definitely want a continuously online battery back up. I already have a power conditioner. My power fluctuates at different times of the day.

• I am using the 600 watt power amp built into my kemper so I would need to get a battery unit that will cover that much usage.

• You can figure this out using the basic stats provided on the tech specs page and using the following Ohm's Law formula:

I = P/V, where:
    I - Current in Amps (the powered head and powered rack use 10A)
    P - Power in Watts
    V - Voltage in Volts (assuming 110V for US usage, but let's round up to 120 to be safe)

10 = P/110, so:
    10*110 = P, and therefore:
    1100 = P

That said, a battery backup is silly. Why you would need a battery backup for a rig is beyond me.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

That said, a battery backup is silly. Why you would need a battery backup for a rig is beyond me.

Well if you have ever had a power surge at a gig and your kemper has to reboot, you will understand why we use a battery backup.