Manage Rigs etc. via backup On USB/Computer

• I thought I saw a thread a while back about this but could not find it. I can't run Rig Manager on my computer, so I have to do everything manually - i.e. load new rigs onto my USB Flashdrive, etc.

My goal is to prune unwanted rigs from my Kemper.

Here is the theory:

• Make a back up onto my USB Drive.
    • Load the USB Drive on my computer
    • Make a copy of the backup (archive)
    • Go into the folder structure of the backup and delete unwanted rigs.
    • Load the 'edited' backup onto the Kemper

Is there any published documentation on the folder structure and how to do this or can someone point me to the thread I *thought* I saw but now can't find?

Thanks in advance!

• Just in case you didn't know, you can use the Delete button that appears in the browse Rigs screen. May not be as quick but I've cleaned up my KPA a lot with it before I started using Rig Manager and got pretty quick with it.

• Is there any published documentation on the folder structure and how to do this or can someone point me to the thread I *thought* I saw but now can't find?

The rigs are in the folder "Rigs". Currently, the folder structure is quite simple. Nevertheless, future versions might change the structure, therefore it is not documented in public.

• Maybe you want to think about using the function "erase non favorites"

From the manual:

Erase Non-Favorites

If you want to clean up your Profiler, you can use the “Erase Non-Favorites” button in the System menu. All rigs will be erased, except for “Favorites” and “My Rigs”. We strongly recommend that you create a backup before you use this function.

Steps could be:
    1. Do a full backup
    2. Mark all files to be kept as favs (and only these)
    3. Go to view favorites
    4. Unmark those to be removed

Follow instructions above from reference manual.

• The funny thing is that every time I try to go in and do 'something' I wind up getting caught up just jamming out on certain profiles I really like. I made a list today and I think I might just delete everything else so I can stop playing around and really start tweaking things. Thanks for the advice though.