MIDI Controller

• Good morning,

I am looking for a controller for the KPA. The Remote is great, but too huge for my needs. All I want is a simple way to change some presets.
    Now I found this one. It is presented by the fantastic Tom Quayle and seems to do much more than might be assumed by its size. Needs extra power though, I e-mailed them :(

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For home use I would like something hand controlled. What do you think, would these work with the KPA? With a USB to MIDI cable?

http://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_x_touch_mini.htm

http://www.musik-produktiv.de/novation-launch-control.html

Nice day everone!

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• You would use a standard 5 pin MIDI cable, not a USB to MIDI cable.

The question was regrading only the Behringer and the Novation of course since they are USB controllers. Thx anyway.

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Look at the small controllers from Peak. They are inexpensive and work great with the Kemper.

http://www.peak2005.com/j/midi…oot-controller-ver20.html

Thx man, I will checke these out for live. Wonder if they are available round here though. But recently the idea is growing on me, to have something I can edit the KPA with using my hands, and finetuning some parameters from where I sit. But I don't know if the MIDI communication will be flawless when using a MIDI to USB adapter cable...

• I had mine in the U.S. From them directly in just a few days.

Unfortunately, mine was stolen when the rest of my gear was stolen a few months back. However, it did work very well despite the fact that it was a little uncomfortable to program. It wasn't that it didn't work, it just was not immediately intuitive to me. The manual was a little difficult to understand in some places

• Thanks guys for all the great tips. Those Peak devices are definitely on the list :thumbup:

• Hi guys,

I have done a lot of research and (re)discovered this very interesting controller:

http://www.nektartech.com/PRODUCTS/Panorama-P1

Main thing is, I want a device to controll Cubase AND the Kemper and I do not want to buy two devices. I like the idea of having it sitting on the table or having it attached to a mic stand. Great thing about it, you can attach a footcontroller also, to start e.g. the looper or change presets (for live a small number of presets will do it for me). Now I am wondering, if I am overseeing something, why the P1 should not work with the KPA via USB to MIDI cable. Any worries here?

Nice day everyone!

• Interesting thing.

• I just found out that it might need a selfpowered USB hub so the P1 gets powered. I do not know if the Kemper itself powers via USB. I e-mailed the P1 company and will post an update when they have answered.

Cheers :)

• Got me the P1. It is a very well thought through controller for Cubase and Reason. Other DAWs are of course possible, but the programming will require way more effort. Lots of options though. Currently I have been working on a "map" to place next to it on the desk since you really have to learn working with it a little bit. The price is great for all the options. And looks cool :)

[Blocked Image: http://www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/196743-1439882964.png]

But regarding the Kemper and a USB to MIDI cable:

• Does anyone know, if the Kemper can power such devices via USB?
    • And can power run through the USB to MIDI convertion inside the cable?
    • Has to be 7-pin MIDI jack?

Cannot find it in the specs by now... :(

Nice day
    Alex

• Better to check directly with kemper support on this one I think. If I recall there is more than one protocol for this so power requirements etc could come into play

Thx mate, I will do so. Wrote to Nektar already, but nothing yet. Guess Kemper is going to be more helpful.

• Quote from tntent: “Better to check directly with kemper support on this one I think. If I recall there is more than one protocol for this so power requirements etc could come into play”

Thx mate, I will do so. Wrote to Nektar already, but nothing…

Hi,
    I'm curious as to whether you might have heard anything back yet. Also, with use of a USB male to male cable, this may be a clue in the path to bridging the gap between the P1 to the Kemper:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/keit…oftstep_midi_expander.htm

Edited 2 times, last by GonzoFB ().

• I may have been a bit hasty there. It seems that it will only work with other Kieth mcmillan equipment. Regarding the P1 however, it may require cooperation between Nektar and Kemper and sometimes companies are happy to work together and sometimes not so. It could serve well for the sales of both of their repective products though.

Edited once, last by GonzoFB ().