problems using KPA with Liquid Foot 12+

• Thanks for the updated video.

i have had it where the small number in the rig screen sometimes shows up and sometimes it doesn't.
    At the end of the video if you adjust the parameter knob to go back and see what is assigned to PCs 1-4 it should show the correct rigs.

does that happen?

that is the true measure of what the PC assignments are per rig. So the two lines in the display are for what the current rig is in the browser pool, then the bottom line shows what is assigned per PC number and in order.

hope that makes sense.

sean

• hi sean,
    when you say "parameter knob" do you mean scroll through the rigs/program change numbers using the rig left and right buttons?

i shot another video to see if this is what you mean: https://youtu.be/bImT1Zxj9sI

• 2. on the preset page, i've turned off "Enable External-Device_Sync on IA´s" and it still won't let me name my own IA's in each preset

I had the same idea but solved it another way. I programmed some more IAs. If I want a compressor in slot 1 that lowers the gain a lot so a crunchy sound becomes clean, I named the IA slot "cleaner". So in the end I´ve got some more IA slots with the same cc#.

• I am referring to the parameter knob that is the bass control when you are in normal browse mode.

when I go into system menu and turn the bass parameter knob, I can scroll through the PC assignments in order. When I do that the current rig stays on whatever rig I have in focus from the browse pool. That allows me to assign that rig to any PC#.

when I use the rig arrows per your last video, it scrolls through the browse pool in alphabetical order and if the rig is not assigned a PC# the bottom line doesn't change. If it is assigned a PC# then the bottom line jumps to that PC assignment. So the bottom line will jump all over the place and not go in order.

see if that matches on your end.

sean

• Same here. But it´s just a display problem. The rigs were assigned before you assigned it again. The programm change will be processed.

hi marco,
    thanks! yes, it seems like it's changing to the correct preset when i change it with my liquid foot 12+. i just hope it works this way on my gigs and i don't get a surprise ;)

• I had the same idea but solved it another way. I programmed some more IAs. If I want a compressor in slot 1 that lowers the gain a lot so a crunchy sound becomes clean, I named the IA slot "cleaner". So in the end I´ve got some more IA slots with the same cc#.

i figured out why it wasn't letting me create my own IA label names. in the LF editor, you have to go to the "IA slots" page. in the column on the left there is a button called "preset label" where you assign numbers to the corresponding IA slots. once you do this, you can go to your individual presets on the "presets" page and name your IA's whatever you like

• hi sean,
    ah, i understand now. yes, when i use the parameter knob to scroll through my PC assignments, the correct patches are shown with the correct PC assignments

• i just heard back from timo (an administrator on the KPA forum). here's what he had to say:

"Hi Jack,

I was able to reproduce and fix the issue. Actually, it is just an display issue, so the assignment actually works. The number is not displayed when you're skipping fast through the rigs.

The fix will be in version 3.0.4.

Thanks
    Timo"

• The LF is an amazing controller as you know from using it with the AXE setup.

it really allows you to setup every detail and location how you want it, and the multiple commands for buttons is pretty powerful.

If you can think it, that controller has a good chance of being able to do it.

sean

• I've been looking at getting a LF 12+ recently, one thing I'm curious about though, is it better to get a footswitch that has at least 5 switches along the bottom for all the different slots in performance mode? Dunno if anyone who's had much experience with a few pedalboards can comment on whether it's an issue at all?

• It really comes down to how you operate and what you want to see. If the buttons do not have good labels or displays I could see a desire to have 5 buttons and always know what type of sound is at each button.

i think it's less of an issue if you have a nice display that lights up and says "intro", "bridge", "verse", etc
    That way you can see what is programmed and not have to remember what is where or align things by gain level, etc.

for me that's one of the best features of the LF is that you can put whatever you want wherever you want it, and label it with an LCD display.

But it really comes down to what you want the controller to do, and of course how much you want to spend.

sean