• Hi guys,

thought I’d share my new board with you. I wanted a small travelboard to go, which would work on its own in case I am too lazy to unplug the KPA from my recording environment (yeah, great times^^). But it should hold some pedals that I could combine with the KPA also.

I have asked here about the new TS mini recently and decided to give it a try but go even one step further with the MI Audio Super Blues Pro. This thing is basically a TS with more options and a fuzz mode. Since the number of amps inside the KPA is huge and profiles differ from each other I wanted something I can adjust to any amp living inside the KPA. The Super Crunch Box I had owned before getting the KPA, and it saved me on some gigs when the amp was not of my kind or did not fit the band’ s style. Both pedals are well known to be stackable due to similar circuits, so I decided to couple them.

[Blocked Image: http://www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/0370e1-1437038517.png]

Since I like my compression before the drive, I placed a Mooer Yellow Comp in front of it. It is a great little unit mimicking a Diamond Comp. (Which I never heard, but I like the Mooer for my small demands on compression.)

The Zoom G1on on the left is interesting. Kinda cheapo KPA togo. But good! Providing great reverbs, chorus and delays, amps & cabs of course and headphone outs. I can take it of that board and put it into my gigbag when I have no free hand. (Which happens when I am travelling :D ) It will do the job for practicing all the way. It houses a looper and a drum machine which can be used in the KPA’s FX Loop.

The whole board can be placed before the KPA, direct to a mixer/card for recording or straight to the poweramp in the rehearsal room. And also, which will be the common use besides traveling, in front of my Blackstar Flies in the living room. Which is a very neat looking combination!

Last not least I have two separate setups this way, so if someone is coming over to jam or practice, everything is there.
    And most important: It sounds amazing in any combination mentioned above. Driving the KPA with an external pedal can even give a nice color or push (you name it) to a rig that already features a KPA drive stomp. I think with 2 electrics and 1 acoustic I am finally settled with the KPA and this board. Given, they are finally coming up with a high quality spring... argh off topic^^.

[Blocked Image: http://www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/842301-1437038537.png]

Hm well... I just figured a Telly is missing... does it never stop?

Good day all
    FL

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

Edited 5 times, last by Fireloogie ().

• How do you change Patches Fireloogie?

You mean on the Kemper? Well, I am still thinking about that. As you can see I am not into huge boards. Though I dig the look of the Remote, I need something smaller, just to switch presets. So I have an eye on this one:

http://www.one-control.com/gecko-midi-switcher.html

I could swap it for the Zoom on the board in a sec and I am totally set for live. Nevertheless: I asked about the gecko here on the forum before, and there have been some great tips on other small midi-controllers. So I am still thinking about it... ?( which is on the fun side for me :rolleyes:

Greetings

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...