Remote ... a few quick questions

• Hi all !

Looking at maybe getting the Profiler Remote – I’ve read there manual but just wanted to clarify a few things – I’ll keep it short and in point form:-

=> how many Banks does it have ?

=> excluding the dedicated Tuner, dedicated Looper and Dedicated Tap Buttons, can all of the other 11 buttons be freely assigned to either Program Change [PC ] or Control Change [CC] or Bank UP/Down [ BNK ] so I can have whatever mix and combination of PC and CC and BNK across the 11 buttons ?

=> if not, are the /\ and \/ buttons Bank Up / Bank down -or- are they just browse/performance-slot up /down ?

=> from what I read, you *can* assign multiple CC’s to one Button – so one button can turn on/off multiple EFX - correct ?

=> if this is correct. can you, if you want, assign all 8 Slots /EFX to just 1 button – so all 8 can be turned on/off with one button ?

Thanks,

Ben

• @benifin

=> how many Banks does it have ?

Performance Mode = 125 Banks, five slots per bank = 625 Performance Slots

=> excluding the dedicated Tuner, dedicated Looper and Dedicated Tap Buttons, can all of the other 11 buttons be freely assigned to either Program Change [PC ] or Control Change [CC] or Bank UP/Down [ BNK ] so I can have whatever mix and combination of PC and CC and BNK across the 11 buttons ?=>

No - the buttons have dedicated functions:

/\ and \/ buttons are Performance Up/Down. or Rigs bank Up/Down

5 dedicated Rig Slot or Browse Mode Rigs buttons

4 FX buttons - one button can turn on/off FOUR multiple EFX Slots in the KPA.

You can assign 4 FX to just 1 button – so all 4 can be turned on/off with one button

It does not send MIDI CC#s to other devices. When you switch to a Performance Slot, you can program the KPA to also send up to two MIDI PC commands to separate devices.

• Many thanks Paul.

Just to clarify [ for my old slow mind J ]

=> if I am in Browse mode and I have 5 Rigs across the 5 buttons, then I hit either the /\ or \/ button, does it go up or down in increments of 1 Rig at a time, or does it go up or down in increments of 5 Rigs at a time ?

=> with the 4 FX assigned to just 1 button – am I restricted to only picking from the 4 “ PRE “ EFX Slots -or- can I also pick from the “ POST “ X or MOD or DELAY or REV FX’s ?

Huge Thanks again,

Ben

• => if I am in Browse mode and I have 5 Rigs across the 5 buttons, then I hit either the /\ or \/ button, does it go up or down in increments of 1 Rig at a time, or does it go up or down in increments of 5 Rigs at a time ?

I've used Performance Mode so long, I don't remember for sure ;)

=> with the 4 FX assigned to just 1 button – am I restricted to only picking from the 4 “ PRE “ EFX Slots -or- can I also pick from the “ POST “ X or MOD or DELAY or REV FX’s ?

*THIS* I remember. You can pick from all of the slots, not just the first four slots. You can do more than all four on/ all four off. You can do things like
    save the rig with A and B On and C and Delay OFF
    press the switch and the status off all four FX are reversed:
    A and B are Off and C and Delay are ON.