Programming MIDI foot controller NOOB... Help! :)

• Hey!

Im absolutely new at midi programming and i have no clue how should i program my Kemper with Roland FC300... I searched the forum but all i found was couple of tutorials, and i didnt understand a thing... lol

Can somebody please explain where should i start or point me in the right direction online... :) TNX!

I know how to import sounds from Rig manager and store em, after that im clueless... :)

• I was pretty overwhelmed when I first got mine too, first thing you have to do is unfortunately read the manual, you will need to at some point, so might as well be now. With that said and not knowing exactly what you're trying to use it for here goes a bit of FC-300 101:

I'd start with Standard Mode (just the patch number shows on the screen, hit both the up and down pedals at the same time and the FC cycles through the different modes for you), What I'm explaining is for Browse Mode in the Kemper, not Performance Mode though a lot of it will work the same.

Go to your Rig in the Kemper you want to be patch 1, hit the Quick button on the Kemper, press Assign, Exit and then Save the Rig, That Rig is now patch 1. Do that for all your patches.

On your FC you make changes by first going to the appropriate Mode and then cycling through the menus with the Parameter keys, once done simply hit Exit and it saves the changes. Let's start with Standard Mode:

For assigning the CTL buttons as well as the Toe switches on your expression pedals refer to the Midi CC Chart in the Kemper Deeper View Manual, this explains the CC# for say reverb on/off, delay on/off etc. Once you decide what you want your buttons to change the hit the FC's right Parameter key and start programming. In Standard Mode you can assign CTL 1 & 2 to changes what ever you like as well as the Expression Pedal Switches, don't worry about the other parameters, I think they were fine right out of the gate if memory serves me correctly.

I assigned Exp Pedal 1 to CC 7 (volume), Exp Pedal SW 1 (that pedals toe switch) to CC # 22 (Stomp X which I set for a Pure Booster for solos on all my Rigs), Exp Pedal 2 to CC 1 (Wah) and Exp Pedal SW 2 to CC # 17 (this way I can put a Wah, Pedal Booster (for Gain control), Whammy, etc in Stomp Slot A and my expression pedal controls it once I turn it on with the toe switch. This may not work for you but at least you're getting used to programming the FC now

I also use the FC in CC Mode, I switch to it on the fly and now have Buttons 1-10 to send CC messages, a lot more flexible.

There's a lot you can do with the FC that I have no clue about or just don't need. Let me know if I can help at all, congrats btw you got a great setup!