Main Output Jacks For Stereo Monitors

• It would be great if the jack sockets on the main outputs could be used as well as a stereo monitor out pair, with the facility to switch the cabs off while retaining them on via the XLRs.

• You know you can do that with "monitor out" and "direct out" as a stereo pair? I believe "monitor cab off" also applies to "direct out" when "direct out" is set to "master right".

I do not think the hardware is designed to allow any de-coupling of the main XLR and TRS outputs.

• As far I I know if you want to use the FOH in stereo with cabs on from the main outs you cannot then have a stereo monitoring setup without cabs by using the monitor out and direct out.

1. The monitor out is only mono - cabs on or off
    2. Direct out is mono (but stereo when used with the monitor out) but cabs are only on

• As far I I know if you want to use the FOH in stereo with cabs on from the main outs you cannot then have a stereo monitoring setup without cabs by using the monitor out and direct out.

1. The monitor out is only mono - cabs on or off
    2. Direct out is mono (but stereo when used with the monitor out) but cabs are only on

That's correct.

• I stand corrected. Had to test. It is possible to have mains in stereo with cab, and at the same time have monitor-out and direct-out mapped to master left/right, but cab-off only applies to the monitor output. Direct out remains mapped to master-right with cab on.

That means that while he circuit-design doesn't support individual processing of main-out XLR and TRS, what was requested can be achieved if the following is implemented:

If "monitor output" is set to "master left" and "direct output" is set to "master right", then "monitor cab off" should apply to both these outputs.

Alternatively there could be an additional setting for "direct out cab off" on Output-page3 that would apply in any case where direct out is mapped to a signal with cab-emulation enabled (master-mono / master-right). This is the most flexible solution as it also would enable weirdities such as the use of a trad. amp/cab in one side with a FRFR-solution in the other in a stereo configuation.

Edited 2 times, last by heldal ().

• I would much prefer the 2 TS jacks on the MAIN OUTPUTS to be mapped to monitor out L(Mono) and R (Stereo) - that way it also leaves the DIRECT OUT for use as an FX LOOP return.

I'm probably asking too much aren't I ;)

5 days to go until I get my KPA and Remote ...

• I would much prefer the 2 TS jacks on the MAIN OUTPUTS to be mapped to monitor out L(Mono) and R (Stereo) - that way it also leaves the DIRECT OUT for use as an FX LOOP return.
    I'm probably asking too much aren't I

you are! The main outs are hardwired in parallel.

:)

• That means that while he circuit-design doesn't support individual processing of main-out XLR and TRS, what was requested can be achieved if the following is implemented:

If "monitor output" is set to "master left" and "direct output" is set to "master right", then "monitor cab off" should apply to both these outputs.

Alternatively there could be an additional setting for "direct out cab off" on Output-page3 that would apply in any case where direct out is mapped to a signal with cab-emulation enabled (master-mono / master-right). This is the most flexible solution as it also would enable weirdities such as the use of a trad. amp/cab in one side with a FRFR-solution in the other in a stereo configuation.

I also would highly appreciate the addition of the "direct out cab off" option. I do understand that users of the external effects loop are still not really satisfied with this solution though...