Blend stacks

• A lot of my favourite artists blend multiple amps into one signal to give them their own unique sound.
    For instance;
    Adam Jones from Tool blended a Diezel VH4 with a Marshall Superlead and a Mesa Recto all with their own cab for "Lateralus"
    Slash his Marshall 2555 with a Superlead and a Vox AC30 for Velvet revolvers "Contraband"

It would be great and open a new universe if there was a possibillity to blend stacks in the Profiler. Everyone could make his own unique sound rather than mimic one.

I was kind of hoping this would be possible with the paralell path option, but this only blends a clean sound with a stack. But it IS a great step in this direction...

• Pretty sure running multiple profiles at a time won't happen in the current incarnation.
    the most feasible scenario I see is an external utility able to accept two profiles as input and return as output a profile got through a user-defined blend of the two.
    I've been suggesting this since a few years now, hope to see it implemented... It would really open up a whole furhter world of sonic possibilities.
    i believe we'd see the function implemented in a future editor, if ever :)

• I'm not really technical and stuff, but since you ARE able to blend 2 of the same (or different) types of stomp dirt boxes with the paralell path function, why not the stacks?
    I would think the Kemper should be able to do that too then, if it were programmed to do so?

• There's a big difference: fx in the Profiler are modelled (like in all the other digital devices out there), not profiled. As of today, the Profiler is designed and programmed so that it runs up to one instance of the "profile interpreter" (?) and up to 8 "effect blocks", plus in and out settings and routings.
    We have no confirmation of this, but it appears (to us users, from just chatting and exchanging experiences with each other) that running more than one instance of the profile interpreter could overtax the CPU, and/or require an amount of memory which is not available.
    This is the reason why an external utility would seem a great idea to some of us :)

HTH

• EmGee76

Ive just brought out a pack for the Marshall JVM and Peavey 6505 which may interest you.

As a studio engineer/ producer I mostly, for heavier guitar orientated music blend different amps together to create an overall sound. I know this is the way it's done for the bigger acts but its very important you get some things right for it to work. Phase alignment being the most critical.

The main feature is my Dual Amp Profiles 6505 / Mesa Cab @ Marshall JVM410 / Bad Cat Cab, The Peavey combo is bright and fizzy while the Marshall combo is dark dark warm, It's a great blend.
    Each cab has 2 mic's so if you double track or Triple you have the equivalent of 8 or 12 tracks. THAT'S BIG but pretty normal for heavy guitar these days.

The main advantage sonically is you can get a hi gain sound with more clarity and detail (not so fuzzy and mush) because the combine amps with less gain than you normally would need to use with one. Great for keeping the low end stable !!

I honestly don't know why it hasn't been done yet - Untill now :)

http://static.wixstatic.com/me…22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

http://youtu.be/Z5ihQ_eFZJg

• I honestly don't know why it hasn't been done yet - Untill now :)

http://static.wixstatic.com/me…22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

http://youtu.be/Z5ihQ_eFZJg

Actually it has been done :)

http://www.tillschleicher.com/tills-chimera-profile-pack/

But more is better^^. Question is, if doubling tracks lives from doubling instead of copying. But I am not a pro here...

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I am far from my PC now, but there have been other blended profiles than just Till's. MW Rockpack should have some, anf pretty sure there are others. I can be more accurate when I am back if someone is interested.
    unless there's someone else with a better memory than mine... Or with some archive to check X)

• Yes, it would be great and I think it has been requested before probably more than once. If the hardware permits doing it Kemper should take it seriously. The other top contenders such as the Axe FX II and the Line 6 Helix permit it ( with up to 2 amps and up to 4 amps respectively).

The phase issue should not be a problem for the creative minds at Kemper. If they have managed to create the pure cabinet feature I am sure they could easily deal with this as well.

• Yes, offcourse you can always make profiles with multiple amps as one signal, but you can't tweak it any more after it's done.
    I use reamping alot for my final mixes, and it would be great to be able to mix a particular amp in or out a tad on the fly..

• Ckemper stated at one point, in regards to, I believe, overdrive pedal profiling, that the Kemper's DSP isn't powerful enough to run two profiles side by side. If it can't do that, it certainly won't be able to do two amps. So, unfortunately, this is an issue for Kemper 2.0, which is probably a long ways off.

That said, this is how I got my Line 6 X3 sounding good - mixing an AC-15 model with an AC-30 model made it actually sound MORE like an AC-30. Go figure. I'd love to see the possibilities having some great profiles stacked beside one another.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• 2 Kempers is really way too expensive for a hobby musician.
    I can always duplicate my recorded tracks and reamp them with different profiles.
    But then i could never have the same sound for live gigs.
    Still i would like someone from Kemper to reply,
    and let us know if the Kemper IS capable of it, in theory.

• 2 Kempers is really way too expensive for a hobby musician.
    I can always duplicate my recorded tracks and reamp them with different profiles.
    But then i could never have the same sound for live gigs.
    Still i would like someone from Kemper to reply,
    and let us know if the Kemper IS capable of it, in theory.

@ckemper has stated the DSP is not powerful enough to run two profiles simultaneously.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack