Rig Manager 1.5.13 PB ....... can you "save" / "extract" an individual Peformance Slot to its own Rig ? *** SOLVED ***

• SOLVED - See Post 6th Below

Hey all

If running FW 3.1.x and Rig Manager 1.5.13PB:-

=> can you "save" -or- "extract" an individual Peformance Slot from a "bank" of 5 performances to its own Rig ?

Thanks,
    Ben

Edited 2 times, last by benifin ().

• Hey Paul

Well ..... some good news ....

-> I first did a full backup of my 3.0.2 rigs and perf's before doing anything

Then

-> I put 3.1.2PB on

-> I installed RM 1.5.13PB

Good news:-

-> yes, it does correctly copy / paste [extract] rigs from newly-created-3.1.2-Performances with RM 1.5.13PB really easy ... if you load up 3.0.2 Performances, RM 1.5.13PB opens them up no worries, but the entries / data / rig extraction is very,very in-correct

Now ...... I need to figure out a way to extract my 3.0.2 Performance Slot rigs before I move to a [ Midi FSW working ] 3.X firmware whenever it is released.

Hopefully Kemper will address this with some sort of small conversion utility as there will be a stack [ most ] users with literally hundred's 00's of tweaked 3.0.2 Performance Slots which are going to need to be migrated over to this newer working firmware whenever it is released ...... as otherwise, it will take hours / days to do with lots of note talking :(

Thanks again Paul.

Ben

• but the entries / data / rig extraction is very,very in-correct

In the "My Profiler" view, you should see the Performances in you KPA, in the correct order.

In the Local Library view, Performances can be sorted by column - they are not displayed in the same order as in the "My Profiler" view.

But, If you are seeing a problem, be sure to send a bug report to Kemper, using either the "Help/Provide Rig Manager Feedback" link in Rig Manager, or send a Support ticket from yhe main website.

• SOLUTION

When in doubt .... read the manual !!! :) :) :)

-> FW 3.0.2
    -> Go to Performance Mode
    -> Go to your Performance of choice
    -> Select your Slot of choice
    -> Press the RIG button once
    -> Then Press SOFT BUTTON 3 ( Save to Browse Pool ) once
    -> DONE
    -> Your tweaked / customized Slot will now be saved as a stand-alone Rig
    -> Too easy :)

You would think that after 4 decades using gear that I would actually read a manual before using a piece of gear :)

Ben

• Was gonna say; you could do this before the latest firmware update...

I haven't updated yet to the latest beta yet - before I do so I will backup everything - but are there any risks? What does the new beta hold in-store?

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Hey nEVH5150

3.1.2PB is great - the Pure Cab is to my ears noticeably more refined than I the 3.0.2 "artist" mode ..... BUT ..... Midi Foot Switching in Browse Mode and Performance Mode is currently " not optimal " in 3.1.2PB .... ie: its "stuffed" .... and this is a known issue which Kemper are working on.

So in short:-

-> if you DO use Midi Foot Switching in Browse Mode and /or Performance Mode = stick with 3.0.2

-> if you DON'T use Midi Foot Switching in Browse Mode and /or Performance Mode AND all your Performance Slots* are saved to the Browse Pool = 3.1.2PB is fine

* - 3.0.2 Performances don't correctly work in 3.1.2PB so you will have to re-build your Performances in 3.1.2PB ... and this will still be the case even when 3.1.X goes final

Ben

• @benefin wrote:
    * - 3.0.2 Performances don't correctly work in 3.1.2PB so you will have to re-build your Performances in 3.1.2PB ... and this will still be the case even when 3.1.X goes final

Benefin- where did Kemper announce this?

I remember reading that Performances CREATED in 3.1x are not compatible with EARLIER Operating Systems. That is the opposite of what you are saying.

• I haven't saved any of my performance slots to the browse pool yet (still tweaking and will save them when I feel they are complete...) but I shall certainly make a USB backup before I do any updating! as I don't want to have to rebuild any performances or anything ! Can anyone clarify this is necessary when updating to the new FW? Seems a bit counter-productive to me...!?

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack