Kemper & RME Babyface

• Hello everyone,

So I've been saving for years to get my ultimate set up going. I'm a professional guitar player but a complete amateur when it comes to setting things like this up.

OK so I've bought a Kemper amp, and I want to route it into my RME babyface to keep it all digital as well as the higher sample rate. My setup so far is I have the Kemper plugged in, and use an RCA Coaxial cable from the Kemper into a Midiman C02 Coaxial/Optical Converter. From there I have the converter plugged into my RME Babyface but I seem to be getting no signal from my amp. Did I set it up wrong maybe?

I'm getting pretty frustrated with this, the only thing I can think of is maybe the converter has malfunctioned and isn't working properly.

Anybody care to share their input?

• Make sure the digital out on the Kemper is set to 0 dB. Do you not se any signal in RME's Totalmix? As the optical in on the RME can take both ADAT and S/PDIF, you may have to select S/PDIF in RME's setup?

• @Trazan - How do I set the digital output frequency? No I don't see any signal whatsoever on total mix. I have selected S/PDIF in the settings for the babyface.

@telelogic - I just grabbed a random rca cable from Long & McQuade. I've just purchased one of these from amazon.ca, I hope it helps. (http://www.amazon.ca/FosPower%…&keywords=spdif+cable+rca)

@hjscheffler - I've set it to run at 44.1 khz, but how do I set it to be the sync slave?

Thanks for all your help on this.

• From RME manual :
    "Clock Source
    The unit can be configured to use its own clock (I
    nternal = Master) or the digital input signal
    (Optical = Slave). If the external source isn't
    available (Input Status No Lock), the unit will
    change to the internal clock. The current clock source is displayed as
    Current"

Use Optical from Clock source menu.

• Just got the rme babyface and i am trying to connect via spdif through a fostex cop1 convertor, no signal just nothing can someone write exactly the parameters in kemper i have to adjust to get spdif signal out? RME as it seems is configuered but getting no input, thnx

• Just got the rme babyface and i am trying to connect via spdif through a fostex cop1 convertor, no signal just nothing can someone write exactly the parameters in kemper i have to adjust to get spdif signal out? RME as it seems is configuered but getting no input, thnx

Does the RME get incoming clock when you select optical in as clock source?

There is nothing to configure in the Profiler. Just make sure that the SPDIF output volume is not turned down in the output menu. The rest has to be done in the software of your audio interface. Set it to be the sync slave and make sure your session runs at 44.1 khz