Connect Kemper to Interface and Logic X (No S/PDIF)

• Hey guys! I am new to the forum. I have just received my Kemper this morning. I played through my cab and it was so easy to make a great tone out of the box.

Question: I am trying to connect to my interface and then to logic X. I do not have s/pdif on my interface so i am looking for another option. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

• Just use the main outputs on the Kemper (XLR or TRS) into the inputs on your interface. If you're running the XLR outs into your interface with microphone cables, be aware that the outputs on the Kemper are NOT mic-level, so you're going to want the gain down (or padded) on your interface or you'll overdrive it.

• Is TRS same as an instrument cable? Also, this bypasses the power amp i assume? Will one record my dry and one give me the wet? Completely new to this as I've been using Guitar Rig for the last few months. Thanks!

• Yes, TRS (tip/ring/sleeve) is just another term for 1/4" instrument jacks and plugs. Guitar/instrument cables work fine. If you have a powered Kemper, the only output that is run through the power amp is the speaker out (with the red locknut on it). The main outputs and monitor output are all line level and any can be run directly into your interface. You can configure the outputs for dry/wet, but I don't recall which menu sets this up as I haven't messed with those parameters much.

• Yep. Again, it can be configured in a few different ways, obviously it's going to be a mono signal no matter what you do with it. You can also run a 'direct out', which is just your straight guitar signal with no amps or effects at all. Recording this on its own track will allow you to use an amp plug-in (such as Guitar Rig) to get a different amp sound from the same performance.

• TRS is not exactly a guitar cable - it's balanced and if you use a regluar instrument cable, it's no longer balanced, but it still works.

As for your output question. You can use only one of the main outs and set the output source to mono in the output menu (hit the output button).