Kemper hangs on boot up screen

• Hello fellow Kemperites,

While capturing some new profiles, my KPA fell about 3 feet unto the floor. It never lost power, but audio cut out. All cables remained connected. I powered off normally, but now when I power on the device, it hangs on the boot up screen. Specifically: the device appears to boot up normally (i.e. the progress bar slowly increases towards the right); however, as the progress bar is complete the display just hangs.

After reading another thread, I tried to boot from a usb stick containing the current kaos file in the root directory, but with the same result.

Does anyone have any other tips, or is it time to send it in for servicing? Hoping to have it working in time for Saturday's gig...

-David

• Most probably a circuit board has been forced out of it's socket (note that the progress bar will be shown anyway in that case). Maybe internally there's even more broken. Unfortunately I'm afraid this means that you'll have to send it in for service. I'd suggest to contact support before doing anything else with the unit.

• Any attempt to fix problems yourself by opening the unit is a sure way to void the warranty and very bad advice.

Is unit which felt from 3 feet to ground still under warranty? If so, then I admit it might not be a good idea. Otherwise... :) If you are able to install GPU into PC, this is no different. Or maybe it's only my attitude to fix (almost) everything by myself. :)

• Of course the problem caused by the fall is not covered by warranty but any future problems that were not the users fault will be covered by warranty if the user takes the correct route and sends the unit to a certified service center. You can do with your unit whatever you want to but advising others to do so is not considered to be a good advice because they might not be aware of the fact that they are voiding their warranty.

• Thanks both for the feedback. I will have to double check the details of my warranty, but I believe it has expired, as I bought it over 2 years ago. If that turns out the to be the case, it may be worth it to see if I can fix it myself. I checked in with one of the only two service centers in the US. I would have to ship it 3,000 miles to CA, then pay $110/hr labor, plus parts. If it happens to just to be a component out of socket, that would be a very expensive fix. Time to check the details of that warranty to see if it is worth protecting...