Rig Manager Does Not See KPA

• Hi.
    Just downloaded most recent software. Rig Manager no longer sees the KPA.
    Cable is good; just used it.
    I have had a solid connection before.
    Now running latest Windows 10 Pro.
    Any thoughts, or ways to check out what is happening?

Thank you.

Doug

P.S. I look in Device Manager -- lots of USB things. But no specific name of the KPA. Do not know if that is significant.

• Just because the cable is good for other purposes doesn't mean it's guaranteed to work with the KPA. Been down that road many times.

Also, check whether you're plugging into a USB 2.0 port or a 3.0 port. Back on Win7 I got all sorts of issues when plugged into an USB 3.0 port and on Win10 it's even worse.

In my case, USB 2.0 port and a cable as short as possible were necessary for a dependable RM-KPA communication.

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• Seems like a driver issue. We had several reports that upgrading to Win10 while Rig Manager was already installed killed the driver installation, which means that Rig Manager won't recognize the KPA. In that case, reinstalling Rig Manager fixes the problem.

• Gentlemen:
    Thanks for all these ideas and potential problem areas to look at. This evening and in the next day I will look into each one. And, if one proves helpful, will post that for you all and anyone else!
    All best,
    Doug