No speaker output from powered Kemper...

• I'm baffled... used my Kemper at rehearsal with no problems... shut down. Went to power up the very next night and there's no output to the speakers. Nothing has even been moved changed in any way. Checked cables, cabinet... all good. I thought maybe it's a 'glitch' in the software, so booted up the newest OS update... still nothing. There is output from the headphone jack, and the XLR outputs for PA. Nothing from the Class D power section.
    I also noted when i bring up the output screen that shows the levels, I believe the one for the 'monitor out' is somewhat 'greyed' out.
    I did a hard boot holding down the system button and turning on. No change.

Any thoughts?... It worked fine one night, then trouble the next. Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.

Bringing music to the people.... one dirty little club at a time! :thumbup:

• This might be a daft suggestion but have you checked you haven't got the power amp turned off in the options? Think it's in the system options though don't have kemper to hand to check. It's just a small check box

• -Did you use the red powered output to your speaker?
    - is your output volume ( page 2/6 under output button ) not put at zero?
    - Is your "monitor Out Link" on top of page 2/6 activated ?
    - did you turn the master volume high enough?
    - is there a volume pedal attached to the KPA and if so, set in ones to zero and back again
    - is power amp activated page 6/6

• Yup.... As far as I can see, all settings are correct, and yes, speaker is plugged into red output
    Keep in mind, I've rehearsed and gigged with this for a year and a half. Used it Wednesday night.... Didn't touch a thing, booted up on Thursday and no sound. Updated to OS 3.1.4 (from 3.0) just in case an update would help.
    Power amp switch engaged... And I can hear the familiar click when switching it.
    Main output not linked so I get consistent signal to FOH mix. No issue with this or the headphone signal out.

I found a link to run diagnostics, but see nothing about power amp. Any clue?

• Monitor output is Master Mono

sorry for delay responding... Busy weekend. Gigged using Mesa MK V to power KPA
    I'm 90% sure the class D power section has failed, as I think I've reviewed all settings and tried everything.
    Also contacted Kemper support last Thursday night... All I've gotten back was an automated reply that a ticket number has been assigned I'm a little disappointed in the lack of response.

Edited once, last by tgman513 ().

• Monitor output is Master Mono

sorry for delay responding... Busy weekend. Gigged using Mesa MK V to power KPA
    I'm 90% sure the class D power section has failed, as I think I've reviewed all settings and tried everything.
    Also contacted Kemper support last Thursday night... All I've gotten back was an automated reply that a ticket number has been assigned I'm a little disappointed in the lack of response.

Sorry to hear the news, tgman513. Sounds like you have checked the obvious things. At this point, it does indeed sound like a malfunction or failure in the power section. I am surprised that the KPA doesn't have a self-diagnostic function that would give you an alert/error code for a failure in the power amp.

As I own a Power Rack, I am interested in hearing how this develops.

Please give us an update when you hear back from Kemper Support.

Cheers,
    John

• Update: contacted yesterday via email by KPA support. After some question / answer, they agree it sounds like the power section has failed. I'm now waiting to hear from USA business manager to facilitate repair.
    Will update as this progresses.

• Yes, used it at a gig this past weekend using a separate power amp and on it's way to Dallas this morning for power section repair. :)

• Well the Kemper left for Dallas on a Monday, arrived Wednesday, was repaired on Thursday and/or Friday, shipped back to me in Illiinois on Monday and arrived back at my home on Wednesday 10 days total, most of that in transit. Very quick service from the folks at Audio Electronics in Dallas. I called to check the status, and a very helpful service person checked, found my KPA already on the workbench. When shipped on Monday, an equally helpful person in the shipping department supplied tracking information. They also mentioned they have a special arrangment with Kemper to get any repairs in and out as fast as possible. Bravo on some great service! Oh... and the KPA is back running like a champ... rehearsed and gigged with it this past weekend.