Considering a remote purchase....

• finally considering a remote purchase but I'm still not totally sold. Obviously the integration is perfect. My current setup does work well for me though and has tons of functionality. I have a chopped off fcb that connects to two dvp 3 s and has four additional soft touch switches on the top left connected to the back of kemper controlling extra slots. It also connects midi and power like the remote via cat 5 bundled in techflex with two tiny trs cables for the extra switches. I can have ten 1 touch favs plus four effects on and off or any of the other combos. Why should I buy a remote ? Can it also send midi pc from browse mode ? Does it actually send midi or only the kemper ? Will it turn off 1 delay and on another ? Any other great implementation reasons I may be overlooking ? Just wishing it had more switches... Anyone had the courage to mod and add some to the 600$ remote.? Could I make this post any longer ?

• If the setup works for you... You are fine?!
    The remote would save you tons of cables... But if this is worth the money, you would have to decide;)
    I am happy with mine ;)

• I bought me a remote but didn't really needed one either, its a choice you have to make for yourself.
    My fcb1010 with uno4Kemper worked fine to, but I wasn't happy with the quality of the Behringer switches and pedals, had to clean the contacts several times with contactcleaner.
    With the remote I can use some quality pedals witch I didn't have to buy,( they came of my old pedal board)
    I don't use the looper either but its there if I want it.
    I can't answer your midi questions, ( but the Kemper remote doesn't have midi slots )
    So for me the pro's were - less cables needed to the Kemper (just one ethernet cable )
    - No power cable or extra electric socket on the floor ( power comes with the single ethernet cable )
    - Better quality switches vs my fcb1010
    - On board tuner switching
    - Colored FX leds what makes it easy to see what switch you need ( fcb1010 doesn't have these )
    - nice and good visable display
    - It took only 5 days from ordering to arrival ( in my case )
    - Its very nice to have this remote , makes my set complete
    Con's : - its expensive, but so are my wife's shoes so why bother ;)
    - you need extra expression pedals

• Hi Tntent
    Not sure if my post will be helpful for you, but I'm in the same case.
    I'm currently using a fcb1010 + uno4K. My main complaint is tha you need 3 cables to use it.
    The remote seems really convenient, but I think it's too expensive for what it is (I'd also need to buy an expression pedal).
    I'mcurrently waiting for the upcoming units everybody talks about (Helix and Ax8). If they're really good, I'd rather save my money for one of those.
    Later
    Matt

• Thanks for the replies. Hoping there will be others and maybe enough to convince me, I like the clean integration. As for the one cable... Mine already runs on a cat five with ethercon as I said and already have two seperate expression pedals..