Is it possible to switch back and forth between a heavy and clean channel with momentary switching?

• Is it possible to switch back and forth between a heavy and clean channel with momentary switching?

• I should be more clear. Can I use a momentary switch .......I am on a heavy channel and push down on momentary switch and it goes to clean channel, when I let off it goes back to
    heavy channel....Is this possible?

• I'm using a Boss sy-300 pedal. The Kemper speaks with the pedal using the momentary switching (as I have described earlier) perfectly on stomps, stacks, and effects
    using the assigned CC#'s from the Boss pedal. But after a days worth of trial and research, it seems boss left out the CC#'s 32-63 which are the numbers used in
    channel selection of the Kemper. After looking at the manual CC#47 is the command needed....will try to get a box made to re-asign an unused CC# to CC#47.

• If you are looking for MIDI reassignments, you could take a look at this:

http://www.moltenvoltage.com/p…er_by_Molten_Voltage.html

It's basically a pedal you wire up to your computer (or buy their other hardware device, which I think is unnecessary, IMO), and you tell it "route CC#15 => CC#17" or whatever you want. Then you can use whatever command you want in whatever slot you want. It's a pretty brilliant piece of hardware actually.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Thanks everyone for the info! I ended up going with the Boss ES-8. I can place the pedal in front of the amp or in the power section. Eliminating the the momentary channel switching completely.

• Thanks everyone for the info! I ended up going with the Boss ES-8. I can place the pedal in front of the amp or in the power section. Eliminating the the momentary channel switching completely.

Thats quite a dramatic step up! (FS-5U to an ES-8 !!!)

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Just a suggestion; if anybody wants unusual control over the Kemper but cannot find a footswitch, and the user has some technical chops, he should investigate using a small hobbyist microcontroller such as the Arduino to build a footswitch to provide this functionality. I built a small footswitch with an Arduino to control the Kemper's looper over midi, and was very surprised at how easy it was and how well it works.

If the user has some programming chops, and can build electronic projects (or has a friend that can help with either), the sky is the limit with what you can control. A simple footswitch that does what the OP wants could be done with just a few lines of code (there are some excellent midi libraries for the Arduino that takes most of the work out of the coding).

It would be great if someone would produce a midi footswitch kit that has an Arduino mounted inside an enclosure with say 8-10 momentary switches and an LED for each. This would eliminate most of the hardware construction, which is really the hard part. Unfortunately I don't think anyone makes such a thing now.

After trying to implement simple footswitching using a FCB1010 and an iPad with JamUp Pro, it was far easier to program an Arduino to control the Kemper looper. You don't have the constraints in the Arduino that are there with many footswitches.