Eleven Rack as ProTools Audio Interface for KPA

• Hey all. Sorry for the inexperience. I tried searching the forums for answers but couldn't quite find exactly what I was looking for. Ive upgraded from my Eleven Rack to an unpowered KPA rack. Of course the only issue is that the KPA cannot be a direct audio interface for Pro Tools via USB as the Eleven Rack can. I'm new rack and studio equipment in general, so I'm looking for the process to use my KPA as my studio amp, but run it through the Eleven Rack where it literally is only the interface link between the KPA and the computer into Pro Tools. I know I need to use SPDIF, but what I don't know is the processes involved to properly set up the KPA and Eleven as a master/slave where I am literally getting all of my audio from the KPA and the Eleven only acts as the usb interface to get the KPA tones into the computer.
    For that matter has anyone had experience with this setup? Kemper says the Eleven should work fine as my interface and I'd like to avoid buying another if this will get the job done. However if this is a bad combination Id be more interested in getting an interface that provides better results.
    Again, sorry for the beginner question, but I appreciate the input and advice.

• Your 11R should always be the unit passing audio to and from your computer and to your monitor source if it is your interface. As the interface, you'd have your monitor source connected to the 11R's MAIN OUTS (XLR), although I highly recommend some form of buffer source (mixer, monitor sub-system, etc...) with it's own volume knob between your 11R and monitors to mitigate blowing your speakers.

KPA will always be sending audio (digital, analogue or both) into your 11R. The KPA's routing capabilities are one of the reasons I've sold one of my 11R's and have the other on the market, as well. The 11R is an excellent unit hobbled by its lack of multiple routing capabilities. (just throwing that in there)

Your KPA connected via S/PDIF can pass several signals (look in the OUTPUT menu - hold KPA OUTPUT button - and manual related area for options), connecting the other outputs to your 11R's input can provide several other results, as well. Regardless...with the 11R as your interface, the audio will always be coming from your 11R's output connections. Not necessarily THROUGH it's complete routing, though.

Check out this video, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYyzUDCmG3Y