Valve Theory Profiling - Humbucker pack

• Hello mates, Here is the link to my store

DEMO RIGS HERE

Let's start with the tones, I have three demos for your ears : clean stuff , driven rigs and a general teaser.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Now for the content of the pack , here is what you will find in the humbucker pack :

Content of the pack : 8 direct profiles & 18 merged profiles (JTM cab):

direct input: These are RAW untweaked profiles levels are not even but all merged rigs were directly made from these profiles by matching a great JTM cab and tweaking them.

You'll find a good selection of FXs on each rig, in their own context. Most cleans include a dist stomp to switch from clean to lead on the same rig. On crunches and drives the dist stomps are mainly used to change the color of the drive.

clean.blues : a rig tailored for vintage blues style with lots of character, with a great gain
    course
    and a few pedals for different colors & FXes. This one fits both bridge and neck
    pickup well as well as splits. Also worth a try on single coils.

clean.jazz : warm , dimed on the trebles, sensitive to finger play and dynamic, best used on
    neck pickup
    , but allows some nice rhythm & strum on bridge PU. Splits will also fit well.

clean.main : an all around clean rig that fits most styles, including strumming. Comp and EQ
    will add more clarity for mix or live situation. It's really worth trying to play with the gain
    knob
    for different dynamics, crunches and tones.

clean.full : same kind, a little richer and ready for mix with the EQ being constantly ON.
    Great sensitivity to finger play and vol pot. A stereo widener is available.

clean.funk : this is a typical humbucker vintage funk tone (à la James Brown), very tasty on
    mid and bridge position. there are 2 different phasers and a specific chorus & wah.

clean.dry : very dry , and simple tone, it's made for recording while stacking up with other
    clean tones. Lots of FX choices & strum friendly.

crunch.zep : fits early Led Zep pretty close ,great for blues and crunchy rhythm guitar parts,
    there is a good gain course, try it for yourself. There is a good 12 string emulation on
    stomp A, and to distortion types.

crunch.dirty : crunch with great character, , good gain course, mostly used on bridge PU.
    some real single coil flavor & twang for your humbucker guitars

drive.70's : that typical 70's growl you hear on classic rock album ( Thin Lizzy, Aerosmith,
    Grand Funk...) the gain course is perfect on this one, you'll achieve superb cleans &
    crunches as well with a rolled off vol pot on your guitar. The 1st dist stomp is a great big muff
    classic preset, and the 2nd one is even dirtier, with some single coil flavors. I love this rig

drive.heavy : be sure to have the boost engaged on this rig , it's really part of the tone.
    That's the heavy tone most humbucker guitars will love when it comes to hi gain rhythm. It's
    best used on bridge pick up with vol pot adjustments instead of gain tweaking.

heavy.rhythm.brit : a typical Marshall rhythm tone, the AMT handles this tone surprisingly
    good, lots of basses and punch.

heavy.rhythm.US : similar to heavy boogie straight tones, lots of punch from the AMT and
    the JTM cab.

lead.US : pretty distorted boogie classic lead with delay, a few options & colors in the FX
    selection. Djemass friendly EDIT : there is an alternative lead.US.djemass tweaked by the
    man himself to record the demos.

lead.brit : classic distorted Marshall lead tone , try to adjust the drive by the guitar vol.
    pot.

lead.dirty : this is the lead that will complement the drive.70's well, similar vibe, but tailored
    for leads with a hint of dirt.

lead.carlos : to mimic Carlos Santana tone, must be used on neck pickup with finger style
    attack and vol pot adjustments. Best used on PRS or Yamaha SG.

• Thx a lot :)

Absolutely no mix or EQ tricks there, all the processing comes from the KPA itself. these are the raw tones from the pack, but some panning and some double tracking on some rhythm parts, but you can easily hear where :
    the intro mono chord is panned on the left, then I play a similar one on the right, for instance, it's a kind of natural double tracking. All other solo parts are mono as well.

The starting chords on the funky track are simple mono chords too, as well as the solo santanish parts.

I will provide mixed tracks later as well as direct input tracks with the original dry guitar on the left and my profile processed on the right.

And yes, the rigs are killer !

• Here is a great review from a beta tester ( thanks to Fausto / rothko61 )

clean.blues : great tone, warm and rounded. Good for vintage blues, as you said, but good for many musical genres. I liked very much to play with some FXes, especially distortion (which is not excessive), wah, trem and WRM. I preferred it with the neck pickup but It sounded great with the pickup selector in any position.

clean.jazz : warm indeed, to be played as it is, without stomps or FXes. Best with my ES-335: closing the tone pot it becomes very jazzy and hollowbody-like. Very hot when you play with your fingers. This rig is responding exceptionally to your touch.

clean.main : this is a great tone! It is crystal clean but warm and enveloping. Good for rock and pop music. A valid base also for tweaking and personalizing your sound.

clean.full : Not a surprise this is awesome! Richer and warmer than the previous one. Very dynamic and responding to volume pot or picking techniques. It sounds great also with distortion (even using the bridge pickup). Among my favorite tones.

clean.funk : I agree with your observations (a typical humbucker vintage funk tone à la James Brown. I loved the phasers.

crunch.zep : what a surprise! I love this tone. It allows some nice rhythm and strum on bridge PU, as well as interesting changes moving the gain pot (e.g.: increasing the gain and closing the tone pot on my ES-335, I obtained a beautiful fusion-jazz tone, à la John Scofield). A warm applause for the Harmonic Pitch stomp: unusual choice, great result!

crunch.dirty : A nice crunch tone. It changes a lot when you move the KPA tone pots and the gain, of course. When you wrote “some real single coil flavor & twang for your humbucker guitars” you were absolutely right.

drive.70's : very nice and dynamic rig. Perfect gain course and the right choice of stomps. A 360° crunch tone: just moving the tone knobs it sounds modern and well balanced. May be its name (70’s) is restrictive.

drive.heavy : I followed your advice and I played with the boost engaged. Good choice. It reminded me my tone of some years ago, when I played my Suhr Shiba Drive in front of my Vox AC30. Best used on bridge pick with my Ibanez.

• Another one in French , from Mattt§67 , the full English review (with clips) is available here

"Quelques remarques générales sur ton pack:
    Il y a une grande variété de son, très exploitables. J'aime beaucoup les Clean Les sons saturés sont un peu trop dark à mon goût, mais j'ai corrigé ça en en montant les aigus et la présence. Le lead Brit est bien fat par exemple, j'aime bien le son sur l'enregistrement .J'aime bien aussi tous les effets et stomps programmés, c'est chouette pour les gens comme moi qui n'aiment pas trop tweaker. Je suis juste un peu moins fan du recti shaper en stomp D. Je ne l'avais jamais trop essayé avant. Ca rajoute une petite saturation "en arrière plan" qui ne me plaît pas trop, mais c'est les goûts et les couleurs."

• the notes regarding the clean samples :

In this demo you'll hear the best rigs from my humbucker pack, as usual there are no mix or post EQs , just some panning, and ALL the FX come from the KPA.

the last two clips show the dynamics of the 'clean.main' rig :

1st clip : first part is dimed volume on the guitar, second part is full volume
    2nd clip : same story but gain was raised about 10 o clock

Guitars : Heritage , Les Paul , Yamaha SG1000

• the humbucker pack was updated with AMT.HB.Drive.Scofield using great tweaks from my beta tester Fausto.

Listen to him playing on his 335, outstanding phrasing & tone !

I also added a Bass emulator rig I constantly use on my recordings, in order to have a full ready plug and record pack.

• another demo for your ears, a megalomaniac track ;)

All rigs are from my commercial pack :

HB.drive.70's
    HB.drive.Scofield
    SC.clean.full & SC.crunch3
    and the bass sim included in my pack ( also available for free on rigEX)

• In case some of you missed this great vid, here we go

Thx to Kristofer for providing this awesome vid (using Djemass lead tweaks) :

External Content youtu.be

• In case some of you missed this great vid, here we go

Thx to Kristofer for providing this awesome vid (using Djemass lead tweaks) :

Beautiful solo and great tone!

• Hi !

You probably heard the great Vid from Kristofer, he was kind enough to tweak my rig and give me the result.

I just updated my packs, so this great rig is available in the bonus directory of the commercial HB or BUNDLE packs.

name of the rig : ATM.HB.drive.KrisD.RG6

Free update for the owners of my pack !

• here is the other vid from KD :