BJDevices TB-12 MIDI Controller

• In the current firmware you able to set any CC number for message which will be send after repeated active precet button push. Usually it used for tap tempo, but no problem to use it as morphing ON/OFF controller. But unfortunetly no any LED indication in this case. Red led indicate active preset in current firmware, green LED is IA state.

• No worries, the led indicator isn't that big of a deal since I know When I use morph or not.

Last question, is it possible for me to have expression pedal as volume for Kemper as normal, but to send MIDI in channel 2 (same CC#7) to reverse values as I put pedal in heel/toe position?

Example:

I use a guitar synth that I always need to control.

I would like my rig to be set up so the the toe position has the Kemper at full volume.
    But in the heel position the Kemper is at 0 value, while my Yamaha Motif gets the value of 128 in MIDI channel 2 so it is now at full volume.
    It goes to value 0 at the toe position.

Does that make sense, and is it possible to program on the 11p?

• This is something I do with my Motif as well. Pretty sure the TB-12 should be able to do it, provided you can assign more than one CC value to the expression pedal.

• BTW, our devices is open hardware project, and we have a open source library with KPA support to make development easy ( https://github.com/BurenkovS/bjdevlib ). It will be very cool if someone implemet KPA specific firmware, like this for AxeFx http://www.gmarts.org/tb/

I think we ready to provide hardware for free for someone who serious intersted on this project

• A Gordius Big Little Giant. It's got some limitations imho, such as the odd button layout and the fact that you don't have multiple status indicator lights and only a single LCD.

But programming wise, it is the best thing out there, stuff like logical programming (if, then, else, as well as nested logic). It's also got a fantastic editor, very easy to use. Also, with a top row of 5 buttons and 8 on the bottom row (besides bank up/down buttons on the right and a programmable pair of direct banks that can be accessed whichever performance you are in), I can just programme it for simple control or complex control.

For example of a real utilitarian requirement, I could programme a single button to step through every single slot in a performance sequentially, or even across multiple performances. The idea being if I am playing a song, I don't have to worry about which button to hit next to move to the next section. I just hit the same button each time.

And Xavier, the creator, is the same guy who makes the FCB U4K chips and is super supportive of his users. If I have a problem, I contact him and he comes up with great solutions. He even updated the firmware once due to a problem I was having and I was amazed at how nice he was to do it in a really short space of time.

The great thing is that there are unlimited assigns and virtually unlimited midi transmission capabilities, i.e. no limits on how many messages you can send with a single button press.

So for expression pedal, I would assign the volume command on both the Kemper and the Motif on separate midi channels. Then it's a simple matter in the editor to reverse the expression pedal direction on one of those assigns. Dump to memory and it's ready.

• Thanks, nightlight!

That is what I have now been looking for, the Gordius.
    It's too pricy for me to buy new.

In the meantime, I just bought a Liquid + mini and think it might do the trick for what I need.

There may be a remote for sale soon!

• Damn, man. You missed one in the classifieds. Someone was selling the regular Little Giant for 150 euros.

The Liquid + is a great board, the only thing I felt it was missing was more buttons. The little LCDs are amazing!

I couldn't afford the Gordius new either, I bought mine second-hand on ebay. They don't show up very often though.

The guy who runs FAMC (Liquidfoot) made some posts about an amazing new controller he was making. But he suffered some personal tragedy and the whole thing is as of now, vapourware. A real pity, based on the pics and what he said about the specs, I was sold. Unfortunately, it never materialised.

• I'm watching for one used, if I find one I may switch if I am not happy with the mini.

I always change a big component in my rug at least once a year so I'm sure I am not done in my quest for perfection by any means lol.

• I'm watching for one used, if I find one I may switch if I am not happy with the mini.

I always change a big component in my rug at least once a year so I'm sure I am not done in my quest for perfection by any means lol.

The big advantage of the mini is it is so portable. Plus, you can programme it in myriad ways, including long and short presses and multiple layers of buttons. I was really gasing for one because of the trouble over at FAMC, but the Gordius popped up at a good price. It's just too heavy, imo, all those buttons and connections come at a price.

One cool thing about the Gordius is that if you have a FCB or one of those Roiand FC-200 or 300 boards, you can hook it up to the slave midi port on the Gordius. That'll give you more buttons.

And to boot, you can have up to 8 expression pedals, which is a little silly, but I could imagine using something like that if I had more real estate on my floorboard.