Experiences with Wi Digital Audiolink Pro for in-ears?

• I don't really understand this, why does the transmitter require a high line input level, doesn't it have some gain adjustment?

I'm only posting my observations.
    Of course there is volume adjustment on the side of the audiolink pro.
    But even with the volume maxed out the achievable loudness when you feed a source like an iPod (also with the volume maxed) is too low in loud surroundings (i.e. a live drummer playing at your side).
    With a normal and decent headphone amp before the audiolink (like it should be normal procedure anyway) this will be no problem though.
    That's why the unit gets both my thumbs up.

• I'm only posting my observations.

I know :) I was just a little confused, probably a little design flaw.
    I'm currently looking for a wireless IEM system and probably will try this as well :) I planned to use the KPA as a "mixer" anyways so it should work :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Max Input Level: 3V RMS

That probably explains it, iPhone has ~1V RMS output @1Megohm

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• BTW if it hasn't so much latency, it's a very good deal as a wireless IEM, since it has a small footprint and digital transmission.

That's what I think as well. It seems a very good deal.
    Latency is no problem like I said before.
    You can have one earplug from an analog feed in one ear and one from the audiolink pro feed in the other and there's no perceivable latency.
    Also it is WiFi safe.
    I played with it much more yesterday and it had a stable connection all the time.
    I think I will sell my LD Systems MEI 1000 and make this my main IEM.

• Nice to ear this. I hame a more humble MEI 100, and I will consider this upgrade ;)
    Unfortunately the Wi audio link is pricier here in EU than in the US, btw it's still some (or a lot off) bucks less than PRO wireless systems.

• A little update: When I tested again today I seemed to notice a little latency nonetheless, which is only noticeable as a small pecrception thing.
    Before my final verdict though I need to rehearse with my band.
    One thing is for sure though: I cannot go back to the MEI because it sounds way inferior.

• Another little update: after rehearsing with the system in real life condititons I'm sending it back.
    The reason is that the connection got lost a few times, for seconds only but this is too unreliable for me to use live.

So I'm heading towards a Sennheiser EW 300 now, as I cannot to back to the LD MEI 1000.

• So I'm heading towards a Sennheiser EW 300 now, as I cannot to back to the LD MEI 1000.[/quote]

I am realy satisfied with Sennheiser EW 300 Almost as expensive as the Kemper, but worth it! maby its better priced in Germany!?

• Let us know how you get on with the Sennheiser. I've got a LD MEI and find it adequate. I run mine from my personal mixer so I EQ the inputs to suit but I've heard there's little difference between most of the systems (other than extra features). I'd love to know if the underlying cause for dull sound is the brand or the nature of the technology.

• Let us know how you get on with the Sennheiser. I've got a LD MEI and find it adequate. I run mine from my personal mixer so I EQ the inputs to suit but I've heard there's little difference between most of the systems (other than extra features). I'd love to know if the underlying cause for dull sound is the brand or the nature of the technology.

Like I said I was using the MEI before and while I find it adequate as well it colors the sound quite a bit.
    Using the Kemper I don't want to compromise with monitoring and IEM any more.

• Like I said I was using the MEI before and while I find it adequate as well it colors the sound quite a bit.
    Using the Kemper I don't want to compromise with monitoring and IEM any more.

Indeed. I used my IEMs extensively in my last band as it was the bass player's PA and I got fed up with having to ask for the single channel monitoring setup to be adjusted. I didn't get my Kemper until I started my current band and the practice room has brilliant monitoring so I've not needed the IEMs. I've got custom mould quad driver thingies and always found the sound good enough but it's hardly 100% transparent.

Like you, I don't want to compromise as I'm loving my Kemper through a Matrix FRFR 212 but will use my IEM rig for gigs. I'm not overly keen on relying on online opinions about gear as it can get a bit opinionated but as a fellow Kemper user coming from the LD MEIs to the Sennheiser (which is what I've been considering) I'd love to hear what you think when you get it.

• Like you, I don't want to compromise as I'm loving my Kemper through a Matrix FRFR 212 but will use my IEM rig for gigs. I'm not overly keen on relying on online opinions about gear as it can get a bit opinionated but as a fellow Kemper user coming from the LD MEIs to the Sennheiser (which is what I've been considering) I'd love to hear what you think when you get it.

I got you. I think quite a few folks here use the Sennheiser, e.g. @Raoul23. And they are the industry standard, almost everybody uses them nowadays when going IEM.
    That's why I decided to step up now.
    I still love to play without IEM, in controlled conditions it's still preferable to me, of course. But in 90% of the use cases that I'm confronted with I'm much better off going IEM.

• Thanks much for your review, @Ingolf! I value your opinions on this forum as I have read your posts across many threads.

I didn't have time to reply but I followed the thread through the week and went from almost getting one myself to now being back in the saving-up-for-a-sennheiser camp. ;)

For now I'll keep my cabled setup and when I have the money I'll probably go for a Sennheiser+Line6 setup. My band just got a new Mackie mixer and a spiffy new rack setup, in which the 4 channel Behringer headphone amp fits nicely so for now the cables aren't too much of a hassle.

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/939iv5b.jpg]

• I got you. I think quite a few folks here use the Sennheiser, e.g. @Raoul23. And they are the industry standard, almost everybody uses them nowadays when going IEM.
    That's why I decided to step up now.
    I still love to play without IEM, in controlled conditions it's still preferable to me, of course. But in 90% of the use cases that I'm confronted with I'm much better off going IEM.

I have no doubt that the Sennheiser would be better, I'm just intrigued as to how much better. My IEM rig is a little quirky, I have a mini rack with mic splitter, mixer, effects and compressor that works independently to any PA I use. I don't need any further features from a transmitter/receiver, just something closer to 100% transparency.

I've been bitten so many times when buying gear that I thought/was told was going to be an upgrade. I'd love to test the Sennheiser before buying but it doesn't seem likely and £700 is rather a lot to spend on the hope it is worth it.

1st world problems!!

• Just to add two cents.
    Now i'm using and LD System MEI1000, which sounds ok but a little noisy.
    Yesterday i had the opportunity to try for a few minutes one of the new DB technologies EME one.
    At fist i didn't want to try it, since i had one of the worse IEM experiences with my old DB IEM600.
    But guys, it is brillant! It uses VHF, so no problems with the busy UHF, it has strong bass an the high frequencies are not fatiguing.
    Maybe the mids are a bit backwards.
    The features are pretty "standard", two inputs with limiter (fixed) with the pots in the front (which i really like), plus the link outs in the back, but it has an useful aux in in the bodypack (think to a little dynamic microphone in order to have some stage sound and not to be completely closed).
    I haven't tried in open spaces, so I don't know how does it behaves, but this friend of mine has moved for 20/30 meters with no issues (no walls, of course).
    The body pack is sturdy, it is abs but weights a bit.
    It has a set of beyerdynamic Fire one earphones, which i didn't try (I used my JTS IE6, dual driver).
    The EME one is sold in three different bandwidths, and each of them can be used in 8 different bands.
    The price is VERY low, I mean i can buy it for €230, and it retails for €260.

So, PROs:
    - sounds very good, maybe a bit HiFI;
    - dead silent, no open/closed gate sound as I get from my LD's;
    - two line in (XLR Jack combo) with independent sense level and link out;
    - limiter for each channel in;
    - aux in for the body pack;
    - looks sturdy, at a very cheap cost.

CONs:
    - 9v operation for the body pack. I hate them;
    - the limiter in the line in is fixed, not adjustable;
    - Fixed front antenna (this might be a problem).
    - Only 8 channels for each transmitter.

Probably it will be my next purchase, since i have just sold my Mesa Mark V :D

• Hi everyone. I've been using Audiolink Pro for a while and made a review -

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Other than short range syndrome I generally like the device

• Well, Thank you for the review.
    Btw 17ms is indeed too much, if you put it together a wireless guitar system (the faster is the new line6 line, with something less than 2ms) and the KPA (around 3ms) you het more than 20ms which is way too much imho.
    There's a Taiwan based company called MiPro, producing a top notch digital wireless system (MI909) for $800.