Valve Theory Profiling - Single coil pack

• Here is the first pack of a full guitar matched collection of profiles I'm working on for several weeks now.

Theses rigs will all have the same base : a great russian little preamp called AMT SS-11 ( full tube 2x12ax7 ) and a great JTM cab that I used for merging, the results were tremendous so i decided to go for a commercial offer. Don't be fooled by the fact this gear is so small and not more than 350€ , the tones you get from these profiles are on par with lots of commercial offers.

For the launch of my web store I will offer a great intro price, for the next weeks. We start with the single coil pack, best suited for strats, teles and splitted humbuckers. I will offer later 3 other packs for Humbucker guitars, P90 ones and a special hollowbody pack.

>> HERE IS THE STORE <<

I have two demos from the SC pack :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

content of the pack :

9 direct profiles & 14 merged profiles (JTM cab):

-dry clean
    -full clean
    -bright clean
    -dimed clean
    -jazz
    -voxy
    -crunch1
    -crunch2
    -crunch3
    -drive1
    -drive2
    -Jimi
    -lead1
    -lead2

here are a few details about the content :

Please find the direct input files in their own folder. These are RAW untweaked profiles. All merged rigs were directly made from these profiles by matching a great JTM cab and tweaking them.

You'll find a good selection of FXs on each rig, in their own context. Most cleans include a dist stomp to switch from clean to lead on the same rig. On crunches and drives the dist stomps are mainly used to change the color of the drive. You'll find a compressor if needed and a special EQ designed to clarify the tone a bit more : it will remove any boomynes and boxyness.

dry clean : best suited for very clean parts where the guitar cuts the mix - takes FX very well - great for recording, blues

full clean : favorite among beta testers, this one sounds really great and open on it's own, great for live & chording and all sorts of tones - Be sure to play around with your guitar vol pot on this one.

bright clean : specially designed for fast funk chording with treble enhanced. Cuts the mix pretty well

dimed clean : this one is used for blues or jazz, for riffs, leads licks and darker chordal work

jazz : similar to dimed and optimized for jazz guitar with specific tone stack and FX.

crunch1 : lots of personality in this one, fender territory for all kinds of tones : blues, rock'n roll, funk ... Adjust the gain until you get a satisfying crunch

crunch2 : a bit more driven and a bit more tailored for leads, but will still allow strumming

crunch3 : another color in crunch

drive1 : cranked amp rhythm or lead tone, lots of growl and a typical 70's soul. Up the gain to get the needed drive

drive2 : lots of overdrive on this monster, the most modern tone you'll get from the AMT. Do not touch the gain on this one : it's much better to adjust the guitar volume instead. This way you'll lower the drive AND keep the great punch.

Jimi : this one is designed to mimic super-cranked Hendrix's tone, while still having some great clean rhythm with a low volume pot on the guitar. Best used on a neck start pickup. Included FX are 2 types of dist.. pedal (they also work together) and a great rotary sim.

Voxy : typical vox vibe perfect for old time rock'n roll and early Who/Led Zep stuff, also great for blues.

lead1&2 : full, warm, articulate and punchy, very similar to boogie mark series lead tones. If you lower your gutiar vol pot you will travel in time : 8/9 90's , 7 80's , 5 70's ...

• here is the demo for the upcoming humbucker pack

• the drive and lead tone demo from the single coil pack is UP !

It's pretty raw as I used no EQ in my DAW to get you the real tone.

All tracks played on my strat, enjoy the end strat lead bluesy tone : I'm not the best lead player here but it's a very cool profile..

the punk rock track was played with the lead1 tone, delay disengaged.

• Hello, I had a fantastic review from a fellow kemperist here (Fausto / Rothko61) about the single coil pack,

here it is :

"
    Here I am with my impressions about your Single Coil Pack.

First of all, let me say that they sound great and I really love them (but you probably already know that…).

I tested them the last weekend playing with 5 different guitars:

- Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe HSS 2011 (with the original Fender N3 pickups);
    - Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop HSS 1996 (Seymour Duncan pickups, ’59 Custom Hybrid Trembucker at the bridge and two Vintage Hot Stack Plus at the neck and central);
    - Jackson Soloist SL-1 SSH. The pickups are from Bill Lawrence (neck and bridge) and Seymour Duncan (central position) but I don’t know which model;
    - PRS Custom 24 with original pickups (only with 5-way blade in position 4, with Neck and Bridge humbuckers splitted Singlecoil)
    - Peerless Monarch with original pickup.

For my test the KPA was connected to a pair of active Atomic Amps CLR, wedge version.

First of all, I want to underline that, as far as the guitars are concerned, your rigs sound very different changing instruments, that is good. For me this is a great quality because you can personalize your sounds and find the undertones you are looking for.

DRY CLEAN

Good enough with both the Stratocasters, not with the splitted humbuckers of the PRS (it sounded too dry and nasal). As you wrote, it takes FX very well and also some stomps in front of the KPA. It’s probably the clean tone I liked less but just because of my personal taste: too bright and dry for me.

FULL CLEAN

No doubt this is THE Clean Tone, my favorite indeed. You can play everything with it and it sounds outstanding with all guitars. If I had to keep just one clean tone in my KPA, that would be the one. No flaws or bugs. It sounded tremendous even with the Peerless Monarch. Using the central pickup of both the Stratocaster it gives you back that “twang” that reminds you a Telecaster. Great with Chorus and WRM. Very jazzy just closing a bit the tone knob of every guitar I had. It was possible to play smoothly and softly even with the Jackson Soloist!
    What else? Five stars rate. Don’t change anything!

BRIGHT CLEAN

You have already realized that I don’t like bright tones too much but is not bad, especially for strumming and with a wah. It is bright but not dry. Using the neck pickups, the sound is still warm and rounded.

DIMED CLEAN

Among my favorites. It’s a nice match between this rig and the Full Clean. It is crystal clear and jazzy. Very nice also with the chorus. Activating the distortion it remains rounded and well-balanced, not too intrusive. Outstanding for blues (with the distortion it sounds close to Hendrix tone) or modern jazz. Probably the best one to be used with splitted humbuckers.

CRUNCH1

At the very beginning I was very perplexed because playing my Stratocaster Deluxe with the original N3 pickups (which are low output pickups) it sounded absolutely clean. Not crunch at all, not even picking strongly on the strings. Changing guitar things became different and crunch came out.
    It was very bluesy and intriguing with the other Stratocaster and with my Jackson.

CRUNCH2

Again, my first Stratocaster sounded almost clean but now we know that it depends on its pickups.
    However, it’s really more driven than the Crunch 1 and good for blues solos.
    It reminds me some Fender tones.

DRIVE1

Reading your notes I thought it was more aggressive. The growl is not too much and in my opinion it is closer to crunch sounds than to driven sounds.
    Probably it is just a question of mental categorisations. To me it is better for rhythm than for lead tone.

DRIVE2

That’s the drive I wanted to find. If you like British sounds of the 80s and 90s this is for you. If you prefer the American tones, go for the lead 1 and 2 rigs. Rock solos are under your fingers with this rig.
    What you wrote (adjust the guitar volume instead of the gain to lower the drive) is absolutely true. Playing my guitars at 70-80% of volume was my favorite setting.

JIMI

Wow, wow, wow!
    I deleted my previous Hendrix tones (I had a fistful even if Hendrix is not in my repertoire) and now I play just this one. I’m not kidding you: this is the best Hendrix tone I’ve played so far with a Kemper. In my opinion it is to be used exclusively with the neck pickup.
    It’s a rig with which a guitarist can show his ability to play dynamically, not only turning the volume knob on the guitar but also picking hardly and softly the strings. This rig is responding exceptionally to your touch. Let me say that it is good for a “modern Hendrix”.

VOXY

I am not an expert of old time rock’n roll and early (Who/Led Zep stuff), so I can’t say very much about this tone. I never played a Vox amp before, neither I downloaded a Vox rig. This is why my opinion would not be reliable. I’d say that it sounds nice (also with the distortion) but it’s not “my sound”.

LEAD1

This rig is very well done but, in my opinion, it is to be tweaked in order to find your particular sound. In my case, closing the tone (a little bit on the KPA, almost completely on the guitar) it was perfect for fusion because it becomes very liquid and fat.

LEAD2

Unquestionably a nice tone: fat, warm but still well defined. It’s a modern lead tone.

Final score of your pack: 9/10 (if it can help you, I’ve never found a 10/10 pack…)

CONGRATULATIONS! GREAT WORK!
    "

• Thx mates, I agree , the full clean is really worth it on a strat/tele :

pure bliss for the guitarist that use a no pick but a hand style. They are also pretty dynamic and very sensible to guitar volume pot.

For the interested ones, I will soon supply a test rig pack, before the week-end If I manage to find enough time...

See you later :)

• Hello I have problems paying for the download! i choose credidtcard payment, but was needed to write down paypal password and username!? Is it just possible to pay with paypal!

• no problems with paypal so far, just PM your email address if you encounter any problem & will send you the pack once I see the payment.

Visa and other card payment is handled by paypal too. I guess it needs an account on paypal in order to proceed.

The demo rigs won't need any payment, but I had to put a price tag on this demo pack, since the platform doesn't handle free download without applying a 100 % discount :huh:

• I try to set my volume levels in a similar range across the pack, with general volume around 12, so it can easily be adjusted. They should not clip the KPA, even if you go in the red on the attack.

The demo rigs are meant to be adjusted on their volume,and less polished in this regard but my overall collection is really loud, but does not clip.

You should definitely try to reduce the volume on the guitar also, and don't fear to adjust the gain after.

• These profiles are great!!

Especially the cleans and light crunchies.

They can absolutly play in the league of much more prominent amps.

Thank you very much - i'm looking foreward to get the upcoming packs!

• These profiles are great!!

They can absolutely play in the league of much more prominent amps.

Thank you very much - i'm looking forward to get the upcoming packs!

thanks a lot :) I had the same feelings while fine tuning my profiles and comparing them against my favorite commercial & free ones.

I also appreciate a lot having a full collection of tones in a single convenient package, I could really write & record a whole album with the SC pack and the following Humbucker one (still in beta testing at this stage).

These preamps are so versatile. I recon the strength of the ATM is really in the cleans & crunches department on single coils. The drives on the Humbucker are tremendous and really heavy, I got a special profile for that typical 70's overdrive tone & growl that I really dig.