Emulating The Tone of Garcia Project

• I have been gigging through flyingheelhook's profile for a couple of months and it sounds awesome. Here's a sample: Cumberland Blues

Anyone else out there using a Garcia profile?

Very nice playing! Your tone and licks are more "Garcia-like" than all the guys Phil and Bobby have hired over the years to replace Jerry. What guitar are you using?

• Very nice playing! Your tone and licks are more "Garcia-like" than all the guys Phil and Bobby have hired over the years to replace Jerry. What guitar are you using?

Thanks!! The Kemper profile is from flyingheelhook the OP, the guitar I'm playing on that tune is a custom Tele that I assembled out of parts like 15 years ago. Brian from IO Custom Guitars did the mods adding the middle pickup, cool brass hardware, and the on-board effects loop. I have a Scarlet Fire Wolf that is my main guitar but it was having an issue. I use that Tele as a backup. Also, a sweet guitar :)

• Hey, I'm Brand new here.....How do I download your Tone of Garcia Project profiles?

• Holy smokes, that's a beautiful tele! What pickups are the bridge & middle - single coil? p90-types?

Great sound, too,

:thumbup:

Thanks! The Tele was my first guitar assembly project about 15 years ago. It's got a cocobolo top and a quilted maple back. It originally had a solid rosewood neck and black hardware and the Gibson P94 pickups (HB sized P90s). I had Brian at IO Custom Guitars do the mods - brass hardware, middle pickup (DiMarzio Super II), on-board effects loop, buffer, etc. It's mostly a backup to the Wolf these days but it's a super sweet guitar.

• Thanks!! The Kemper profile is from flyingheelhook the OP, the guitar I'm playing on that tune is a custom Tele that I assembled out of parts like 15 years ago. Brian from IO Custom Guitars did the mods adding the middle pickup, cool brass hardware, and the on-board effects loop. I have a Scarlet Fire Wolf that is my main guitar but it was having an issue. I use that Tele as a backup. Also, a sweet guitar :)

Hi, nice gits! How did you embed the pics here?

• Thanks! The Tele was my first guitar assembly project about 15 years ago. It's got a cocobolo top and a quilted maple back. It originally had a solid rosewood neck and black hardware and the Gibson P94 pickups (HB sized P90s). I had Brian at IO Custom Guitars do the mods - brass hardware, middle pickup (DiMarzio Super II), on-board effects loop, buffer, etc. It's mostly a backup to the Wolf these days but it's a super sweet guitar.

I figured that was a super II in the middle. And yeah, that Moriarty looks amazing. I was thinking about saving up for one of those, but I also love the idea of just messing around with project guitars - I have an SG w/ 2 p90's that I love, and that'd be fun to toss a Super II in the middle. With this Garcia-style profile that'd do the trick...