Tap tempo, performance tempo, HELP please!

• I've tried reading the manual and searching online and I'm just plain stuck. I'm sure I'm being a stupid noob (although I have had my kemper for 2 years)... but looks like I need help on this one please!

I have been setting up my performances and I want to set all my performances to a default tempo (120bpm) but if I tap in a tempo - or use beat scanner - then to have that tapped tempo apply to the performance I'm in, including any slot changes I might do within it, until I change to a different performance.

I've found "tempo enable", "use perf tempo" and "lock tempo" and I suspect it is some combination of all of that... but as I said, I'm plain stuck.

Thanks in advance

• Ingolf, I don't think so. I use it almost exactly the way SCPrice describes it (but defining different tempi (or is it tempos in english?) for different songs/performances), and for this you need "use performance tempo" checked. I think, you shouldn't lock tempo for this.

• Ingolf, I don't think so. I use it almost exactly the way SCPrice describes it (but defining different tempi (or is it tempos in english?) for different songs/performances), and for this you need "use performance tempo" checked. I think, you shouldn't lock tempo for this.

I have understood he wants to have a default tempo of 120 BPM. Therefore I think it's better to override any stored performance tempos by leaving 'use perf. tempo' unchecked.

• Hm. He also writes, that when he taps a tempo, he wants it to apply to all slots of this performance, and I thought this is what "use performance tempo" is for. Am I wrong? If this is unchecked, and he taps a tempo (let's say 130 bpm) while in slot 4 for the solo and then goes to slot 2 for the verse, wouldn't the tempo return to his default tempo of 120 bpm? Maybe I got something wrong here, please correct me if this is the case.

You are right.
    Use Performance Tempo is the key.
    That means in other words: the tempo is not going to be changed, until you switch to a new Performance.

• I've found "tempo enable", "use perf tempo" and "lock tempo" and I suspect it is some combination of all of that... but as I said, I'm plain stuck.

• Tempo enable: is there actually a tempo information at all
    • Use Performance Tempo: if this setting is "off", the tempo from the rig (in each slot) is being used, if it is "on", the tempo in the performance is being used (a performance has its own, distinct parameter)
    • Lock Tempo: If enabled, the tempo of a newly selected rig/performance is not being used, the previous value is being held.

If you're using a performance per song and you want one tempo for that song, tick "Use Performance Tempo" and don't lock it.
    HTH