MIDI question for Performance Mode

• Hello everyone

I am a new Powerrack owner since three days, and my quest for tone has finally ended in the exact moment I plugged my guitar in the Kemper. Since then I keep waiting the whole day until I can go back to rehearsal room after work. It took me 20 years of buying expensive gear, which will now either be sold or stay there to catch dust in a corner, I found finally my holy grail and could not be happier!

I am now spending my time working through all the functions and gimmicks, reading Kemper Wiki, the manuals, this forum and watching tutorials, which is a lot of fun, so thank to everyone contributing to making this journey a lot more easier for a dummy like me.

Only my girlfriend thinks I have become crazy, as I even spend the last minutes before shutting the light in bed with watching tutorials and walkthroughs on my mobile, hahaha…

Anyway, there is the following question which I couldn’t get answered, and I think some of you will be for sure able to help me out on this:

When in Performance Mode, I try to make song changes and slot changes with my Behringer FCB1010, which is not provided with any chip. So, Song 1 says in Slot 1 “Midi Prg # 1” and “Midi Bank 1”, which is fine. In Slot 2 I have the same (which is not consistent imho) “Midi Prg # 1” and “Midi Bank 1”. In slot 3 it says “Midi Prg # 3” and “Midi Bank 1”, which make sense to me.

Is there a way to amend these settings? I would need Song 1 slot 2 to say “Midi Prg # 2” and “Midi Bank 1”, instead of “Midi Prg # 1” and “Midi Bank 1”, because otherwise Slot 2, which should be enabled with footswitch Nr. 2 on the FCB1010 remains unused…

Thanks for helping!!

• Thanks paults

I am not sure it is like this, I have rather the impression that my Kemper has this preset. When I connect the FCB1010 to my Diezel, the I can change to channel 2 with footswitch 2, so the Behringer should work properly, unless I changed something without noticing. I will check this evening, thanks!

• You are correct about the Kemper - it is Preset in Performance Mode.

Performance 1 Slot 1 = MIDI PC 1
    Performance 1 Slot 2 = MIDI PC 2
    Performance 1 Slot 3 = MIDI PC 3
    etc.

Can the FCB be programmed to send PC changes on multiple MIDI channels? If the Deizel is set to OMNI, or a different MIDI channel than the Kemper, they could be receiving different PC changes when you press switch 2.

• No Idea, I am really untalented with setting up MIDI stuff and any situation out of thenorm puts me into confusion.

The weird thing is that my Kemper seems to say:

Performance 1 Slot 1 = MIDI PC 1
    Performance 1 Slot 2 = MIDI PC 1
    Performance 1 Slot 3 = MIDI PC 3

So I hope this can be changed, either through FCB as you suggest, or directly through the Kemper...