PROBLEM! My Boogie Mark V Profile is not good

• Hi,

I have a Boogie Mark V and when a make a profile with DI is not good. The profile have more distorsion that original Boogie Mark V and less definition.

To try to match de original amp I go uo Definition and change bass, treble etc….. this is normal?

I tried several DI Boxes and make does the same.

Any suggestions or configuration parameters?

Thanks

Edited once, last by JH-2 ().

• Had the same problem with my TwoRock-Amps.

At first, check the input section. Best recommendation is: Distortion Sense set to 0.0
    Check you Reference-Rig and set alle Stomps and Effects to "off"-position before Profiling
    make the cable connections and do profiling.
    After Profiling, disconnect all cables (because the buffer of the KPA is still in the sound-chain and may cause marginal sound-difference).
    Compare your Profile with the Reference Amp BUT: WITH THE SAME VOLUME and THE SAME CABINET.

I don't think it's a matter of the D.I.Box (if it stands speaker-level and no cab-simulation is used then there should be no problem)

• I've tried several DI Box, Country Man and Avalon U5 (without preset eq).

How as must be the option of No Cabinet in profile configuration, on or off?

Edited once, last by JH-2 ().

• Hi Hurricane,

I have Distortion Sense set to 0.0 and Stomps and Effects are off. I don't know can be happening.

Your Kemper make your amp profile equal?

Yes, after HELL-G (from Kemper-Team) showed me, how important it is, to use the same volume-Level, when evaluating the profile. I'm just coming from my rehearsal-room where I profiled a Super-Reverb from a friend. I only had Problems with Gain-Sounds (Overdrives coming from the effect-board were too noisy). But the clean and light-crunch-sounds are really nice.

Check your Input- and Output-Menus (I set all neutral and saved them as Input-Profiling and Output-Profiling Presets) and evaluate the Profile at the same volume as the Reference Amp !

• I've tried several DI Box, Country Man and Avalon U5 (without preset eq).

How as must be the option of No Cabinet in profile configuration, on or off?

Try running off of the Slave Output on the Boogie, this output is a line level signal that is tapped right off of the output transformer. You'll need a speaker (or load box) connected to the amp (as usual).

• Hi Friends,

I've been all week doing tests but still the same :( The profiles leave me with more distortion and a very low setting in "Definition" parameter comparing with the original Mark V. If a up "Definition" parameter and I reduce distortion it seems a little more original.

I have Distortion Sense set to 0.0 and all effects Off and use the same volume-Level to evaluating the profile but sound is different.

Frodebro: We have not understood, in the profile menu is a tab that says "No cabinet", as I have to it on or off?

I am following this wiring diagram:

[Blocked Image: http://i66.tinypic.com/2mpwl6b.png]

• In this configuration (see above) you're making a Direct Amp Profile. For this reason, the "no cabinet" Option has to be Chosen.
    After the profiling, you should compare the Profile with the reference amp via the same Guitar-Cabinet at the same volume-level
    There shouldn't be any difference, because Direct-Amp-Profiles are really easy to make.

Are you sure, to be using a D.I.-Box, which can stand SPEAKER-LEVEL ??!!!
    Maybe there's the Problem ??!!

• Yes, I using DI Box supporting speaker level (I've tried several).

When finished profile have little more distortion and the parameter "Definition" is very low (3.3) and "Power Sagging" (0.0). To make it look a bit more a have to up "Definition" to 7.0 and "Power Sagging" to 6.0. I do not know what is happening ;(