Kemper PowerRack Volumen

• Hi Friends,

I have Kemper PowerRack and I have the master volume and Monitor volume to maximum and I need more volume ?(

Any solution? If I turn up the volume of preset amp change sound or is same volume as the Monitor or Master Volumen?

Thanks

• I have the same problem, if you go to output you can use the power amp boost. You can also raise the amp volume in the amp section and do the same with the cab. That should help give things more volume.

• You can raise the Volume control as long ss the output led doesn't persist on red. Also, check you do the same with the input, so to use all the Profiler's dynamic.

incredible that you need more volume... What's your cab's impedance? O.O

• Hi viabcroce,

Yes, I need more volume. I have a Mesa Boogie 4x12 cabinet (8 Ohm) and have Monitor or Master Volumen to maximun and 1.0 preset volumen.

What is the best, up the preset volume or Power Amp Boost?

• Which volume you mean, Master Volumen, Monitor Volumen or Preset Volumen? Sorry my English is bad, I don´t understood very good.

Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12 cabinet nominal power is 280w.

• Which volume you mean, Master Volumen, Monitor Volumen or Preset Volumen? Sorry my English is bad, I don´t understood very good.

Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12 cabinet nominal power is 280w.

Preset volume should not be turned up too much to prevent internal clipping.
    Assuming you drive a cab via monitor output you should turn up monitor volume to satisfactory levels (including the power boost).
    Are you German? In this case I recommend reading the reference manual which is acailable in German as a download from the Kemper site.

• Preset volume should not be turned up too much to prevent internal clipping.
    Assuming you drive a cab via monitor output you should turn up monitor volume to satisfactory levels (including the power boost).
    Are you German? In this case I recommend reading the reference manual which is acailable in German as a download from the Kemper site.

Thanks Ingolf. Monitor Volumen and Master Volumen have to the maximun, I'll leave the preset volume like this and I will upload the Power Boost Volumen.

I'm not German, are manual in English?

• Thanks Ingolf. Monitor Volumen and Master Volumen have to the maximun, I'll leave the preset volume like this and I will upload the Power Boost Volumen.
    I'm not German, are manual in English?

The reference manual is available in English and German.

• Hello JH-2 What's your home country?
    If your volume isn't high enough turn "power amp boost" to 6.0 db that should be enough. Its under "output " page 7/7
    Do you use a 8ohm cabinet ? because a 16 ohm cab will decrease the volume by half ( i think ?)

• I have exactly the same problem... When im playing with my band Im playing full volume but still I need more...! If anyone has a suggestion I'd apprecciate!

• Many of the profiles are quite scooped already and if you happen to scoop them even more, the guitar disappears almost completely.

Right, and if you additionally fall into the Fletcher- Munson trap you're lost.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher–Munson_curves

• Right, and if you additionally fall into the Fletcher- Munson trap you're lost.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher–Munson_curves

Yes, more bass and treble equals less mids.

When playing with a traditional guitar amp and cab, a guitarist usually dials a tone that sounds good to his ears (or to his ankles in many cases...) and be done with it. When playing with modellers or KPA straigh to the mixer, with sounds that include the whole sound chain, the guitarist has to take double duties of both the guitarist and the sound man, at least to a some extend. For example, now the guitarist has to be more aware what frequencies make the guitar cut through the mix. Unfortunately in many cases the biggest sound with lots of bass and treble gets washed away once the whole band is playing.

Of course these problems existed with the traditional amps also. I have been in situations where I have been totally run over with the other guitarist playing a small combo, when I've had a 100w amp with a closed back 4x12.

I would suggest the guys in this thread that have problems with cutting through to try for example the free m britt 5153 merged profiles (I suppose you are using your traditional guitar cabs). Those profiles and m britt profiles in general have plenty of mids. For leads, you can put the graphic eq in the x slot and boost the 1250 Hz and the frequencies below and/or above it 2-3dB, according to taste. If you still can't hear yourselves, the problem might lie somewhere else.