Global pitch adjustable in cents for rehearsal/learning mode

• Would help when learning cover tunes or playing along with prerecorded tracks. It would be a great learniong aid to be able to adjust the overall guitar pitch to match the track. I can't tell you how much this occurs, even with really well done tracks, the pitch can be off 20 - 30 cents easy. And it always changes from track to track which makes retuning extremely tedious.

Maybe a control applied at the input, this way it would not have to burn up a slot.

I think there might be others who would find this useful and if anyone knows a way to do this now, please share it. Thanks.

• I found my own simple solution. There's a company called RJV Media (in the UK) which makes a decent piece of software called iRehearse and iRehearse Plus (Mac only). I bought the Plus version for $19.99 US as it lets you do all the pitch edits in cents and semitones while maintaining tempo AND lets you export the corrected file as an MP4. Plus also has user settable loops, EQ and a bunch of other features not found in the standard version. I'm sure there's lots of other rehearsal programs out there ... this one works nice for me.

http://rjvmedia.co.uk/irehearse-plus

• Playback pitch-shifting is best handled outside the profiler. The required pitch-changes will vary from song to song and the tool should be able to store individual song-configurations. I would also require much more than just pitch-changes. Tempo-changes and multiband EQ/filtering to isolate certain instruments is equally important. For a learning tool that support multiple platforms (windows/linux/osx), have a look at Transcribe. Its design may look a bit old and tired compared to iRehearse, but the functionality is great.

Edited 2 times, last by heldal ().