RIG MANAGER WON'T OPEN AFTER UPDATE TO 1.53

• After updating to 1.533 rig manager won't open..i have to repair the installation and reboot but it doesn't always open..have tried disabling the the anti virus, and a myriad of other solutions...is it just my system or is anyone else experiencing this.

• After updating to 1.533 rig manager won't open..i have to repair the installation and reboot but it doesn't always open..have tried disabling the the anti virus, and a myriad of other solutions...is it just my system or is anyone else experiencing this.

Windows/MAC?
    What OS version in Kemper?

• Not sure if it is usb related or not..got it working this morning, but everytime i shut down the comp and KPA, i can't open the rig manager..probably something in my machine, have had to disable and re-enable my usb wireless too, it is frustrating but the KPA still functions as it should. when i figure this out i will let you know, i did uninstall rig manager and reinstalled bout 3 times also powered on with the rig button held, i worked after that, but then i shut down and RM would not come up.

• I don't believe this has anything to do with the KPA or usb. RM should start up normally without the KPA even plugged in, mine does. Did you install the correct version, 32 or 64bit for your specific OS?

• 64 bit , frustrating to say the least

Yep for sure. Do you have a complex setup in RM (ex. folder structure, performances)? There are three locations that you could delete data after an uninstall to make sure the computer is clean of RM trails.
    1. Program Files\KemperAmps\Rig Manager
    2. Users\"Your User Name Here"\App Data\Local\KemperAmps
    3. Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KemperAmps

Warning** Deleting this data will delete your settings and databases in RM. You will essentially start with a fresh install of RM for the first time. HTH

• Well i work in IT, build my own computers and i have come to one realization ...The more i know about computers the less i know..well everything is fine now..uninstalled and re-installed 3 times, now with the AV running with the firewalls running the f# king thing works great (for now) and i haven't a clue what i did right. Computer build is only 6 months old, an all SSD machine..who knows but i am smiling again cuz i love RM..like scrolling through my 39 inch monitor rather than the small screen on the KPA..but the KPA always worked through the whole ordeal....wish i could tell you what i did right, but as of now i am baffled, pleased but baffled..
    Thanks for all the help

• Well i work in IT, build my own computers and i have come to one realization ...The more i know about computers the less i know..well everything is fine now..uninstalled and re-installed 3 times, now with the AV running with the firewalls running the f# king thing works great (for now) and i haven't a clue what i did right. Computer build is only 6 months old, an all SSD machine..who knows but i am smiling again cuz i love RM..like scrolling through my 39 inch monitor rather than the small screen on the KPA..but the KPA always worked through the whole ordeal....wish i could tell you what i did right, but as of now i am baffled, pleased but baffled..
    Thanks for all the help

Yep, nothin worse than not knowing how you fixed something. You want to feel like an idiot, give someone advice about their computer problem when they work in IT :huh:. You're back up and running is the good thing!

Edited once, last by Zapman ().

• as opposed to most of the guys i have worked with in IT. i do not know everything..computers and software have humbled me more than once...you guys have worked with this software more than me, and probably have experienced some of the issues associated with it. i have never been afraid to ask for help. Thanks again

• I'm glad that its working for you now. If you want to help us improving Rig Manager, please send the file
    C:\Users\doombie22orwhateveryourusernameis\Documents\Kemper Amps\RigManager\DebugLog.txt
    to support. Maybe we can find out what went wrong and prevent this problem in the future.

• sent the bug log in..they didn't seem to happy about it, but it is hard to tell from a email. it is up and running great now. it might have been, from looking at the log that i kept losing exe path, not sure what caused it..but i am happy now, feel bad for those who can't get it running, to me it is an valuable tool.