Same Cabinet on Same DI-Profile, but Different Sound

• Hello together,

Im from Germany and for like two month now I'm the proud owner of a KPA Power Rack. And of course it is incredibly great!
    I've already profiled my Real Amp (ENGL PB II) and discovered things to improve in sound on my real amp after analyzinbg the profile. So far so good.
    I've only made DI-Profiles, because our rehearsal room doesn't really have the acoustics for an Studio Profile. Anyway, that's where I noticed something:

Of course I need to add a cab. There are plenty to chose from, so I did. Now something is strange. When I load the cab in the profile it sounds exactly as it should (of course, because I tweaked the sound that way).
    I made a preset of that cab. If I load this into an other profile it sounds good as well. When I now lock that cab here and recall the profile mentioned before it sounds totally different.

I searched in the forum and found no topic which would explain this. Is there someone who had discovered this? (Frankly I can't believe nobody noticed this before)

Thank you for your help!

• But isn't that like a key feature of the KPA. To lock different stuff and see how it sounds?

Well, but I use the same cab on all my PB Profiles anyway. So I would expect them to sound the same. No matter if I lock the cab or load it directly.

• I have the exact same problem. Locking cabinet and browsing through rigs doesn't work as it should.

• To make things clear, my problem is as follows:

I have two DI profiles, Rectifier CH3 Modern and Rectifier CH3 Vintage. If I choose the Modern and load a Merged cabinet profile Mesa OS, it sounds like it should. When I do the same thing with the Vintage and load the same cabinet it also sounds like it should.

But when I choose the Modern and the Mesa OS cab and then lock the cab and then change the amp profile to the Vintage, it still sounds like the Modern. The same thing happens the other way around: if I first choose the Vintage and lock the cabinet and then switch to Modern, it still sounds like the Vintage.
    It seems that locking the cab also locks the amp.

• Yeah, that's weird. I played around after resetting and initializing, and of course nothing changed.

I guess it's software bug.
    If the cab is locked and you change the rig, the previous amp is also locked. However, the amp name is displayed as the new one and even settings like gain and EQ are taken from the new one.

• Have you tried changing from a distorted rig to a clean sound with the cab locked? With me, it changes to a clean sound so the amp does change (at least with my KPA). But at least with distorted amps, there are some characteristics from the previous amp. Strange, I have to a better look at it when I have the time.

• I've changed from a clean to a distorted rig.

And to me it seems, as if the amp is locked but the gain value of the new distorted rig is used.
    If I crank the gain the same amount in the clean rig, it sounds pretty much the same (I would say exactly, but I didn't do enough research to be this specific)

• I've changed from a clean to a distorted rig.

And to me it seems, as if the amp is locked but the gain value of the new distorted rig is used.
    If I crank the gain the same amount in the clean rig, it sounds pretty much the same (I would say exactly, but I didn't do enough research to be this specific)

Yes you are right! It is still the same amp but only gain lower. I just tried it and when I raised the gain, lo and behold, it was the same amp. This is actually good so that all the rigs and amps behave the same incorrect way.