Anyone compared a real amp + Two Notes Torpedo Studio side by side with Kemper?

• Hi everyone,

I'm toying with the idea of saving up for a Friedman BE100 and a Torpedo Studio and am curious if any of you have had both of those pieces of gear side by side with the Kemper for comparison?
    I may go the Sweetwater route and buy both so I can compare them here at home to my Kemper, but I'm a few bucks away from pulling the trigger at this point and am hoping some of you have already done this. I love the Kemper and used it exclusively on my last album, but there were times when I felt like the interaction between the guitar and the amp/cab was missing a touch of that "live" vibe. It always sounds great, but I'm wondering if the two notes with a live amp would produce a slightly more living, breathing track as an end result.

Anyone?

cheers,
    Steve

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!

Wow, sweet! Nicely done.

To me, in listening to the bare tracks the Torpedo clip sounded more like the real amp, where the Kemper profile seemed to add more low end and even some extra depth. That said I liked the Kemper profile best in the mix. Coolio.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

Stay Metal!

Thanks for the clip. On this example, I think I like the Torpedo example least and the real amp the best, but who knows how much it's skewed because I know what is what when listening. I see in the pic that the Torpedo live was used and not the studio. From what I've read, the studio is a little bit different animal with a little better components. Don't know if that means the end result is a better sound or not as I have yet to demo one. As is, I think the real clip is the clearest, punchiest and most alive sounding one, but the other two aren't a hugely "worse". Maybe some subtle eqing would get them closer.

Anyone out there have experience with the Torpedo studio?

tks