Boss FV 500H and WAH

• But nothing is said about calibrating an expression pedal. The manual of the pedal also shows nothing about that

Reference manual page 44:
    Expression Pedals
    An expression pedal works just like a wah or volume pedal, but is made for digital devices. It only needs one cable with a stereo jack, connected to one of the dedicated pedal inputs. If you use a regular expression pedal (e.g. Roland™), please select “Pedal Type 1” with soft knob 1. If you use an expression pedal with reversed polarity (e.g.Yamaha™), please select “Pedal Type 2”. Then press “Calibrate” and perform a full swell on the pedal to calibrate it. You can monitor the changing swell value of the pedal directly under the soft button.

• I guess there's the problem. I seem to have quite another manual than you have. Page 44 is about Switching Performances with a MIDI Foot Controller ! I have a dark green manual Kemper Profiler (The Basics & Profiling Guide - Basisc & Profiling Anleitung) from 2014: so in two languages: English and German. It's rather an description of possibilities than really a manual. In the chapter Back Panel Overview (starting on page 25) there's a 3-line (!) passage about pedals and switches, referring to the back panel overview. That's it.
    I got deep into wiKPA but couldn't find a tutorial about an external expression pedal.
    And now I see I had to look in the Reference manual. Surely I'm to blame for that! I downloaded the PDF and will go from there. Thanks to everyone. ;)

• OK! I got me a good wah all the way from 0 - 16383 (System). Back to the stomp I put the pedal mode in BYPASS & Heel because I want my normal signal back after the solo, pressing the pedal to heel. That doesn't work that way. It leaves me with a wah frequency.