Locked Stomps/Effects and Remote Effects Button Assignment

• Apologies if this has been asked/answered before or if I am not understanding the referenced quote/threads correctly!

Question: If I create a Stomps (or Effects or both) Preset in a Performance Slot or Rig (Browse Mode), assign appropriately to the Effects I-IIII buttons on the Profiler Remote, and then lock the sections so the Preset(s) is locked, and save the Preset, Performance and/or Rig, does any of this maintain the Effects Buttons assignments (on/off states) for the Remote when I switch to other rigs or performances or do I need to go into each performance slot/rig and re-assign them?

I wasn't sure if that was what this paragraph was saying or not?:

From 'Kemper Profiler Reference Manual 3.2.pdf':

Locking Effect Buttons (Under: Profiler Remote)
    Effect Buttons are jointly locked/unlocked as soon as the assigned stomp or effect gets locked/unlocked. This applies only, if no more than one stomp or effect is assigned to the same Effect Button. Two different icons on Remote display indicate locking of effect standalone or joint with Effect Button.

and I found these related links that didn't seem to have an answer...?

Option for Remote effect on off to be tied to locked stomps
    Locking all Stomps or effects not possible with remote

• When you lock Stomps/Effects the current state is locked.

That means: If the Stomp/Effect is on and you switch the rig it remains on. Is it off, it remains off.
    If you assign a button this button is locked as well, so that this button will turn on/off or switch the same locked Stomps/Effects on every recalled rig.

Oh, and be aware, that if you'd save a rig with any Stomp/Effect locked this locked state wil become part of the rig. That means it's saved within and will remain even if you unlock this again.

• When you lock Stomps/Effects the current state is locked.

That means: If the Stomp/Effect is on and you switch the rig it remains on. Is it off, it remains off.
    If you assign a button this button is locked as well, so that this button will turn on/off or switch the same locked Stomps/Effects on every recalled rig.

Oh, and be aware, that if you'd save a rig with any Stomp/Effect locked this locked state wil become part of the rig. That means it's saved within and will remain even if you unlock this again.

Great thanks. This isn't an optimal solution to the issues I have managing effects across various performances and slots, but it does give me a shortcut of sorts until such time as a better solution comes along.

My approach for now will be to come up with whatever appropriate presets for stomps and effects I need, and then before a gig or practice, I can pick the one(s) that I think will work best and assign the buttons appropriately, lock the presets/sections and run with it. Will suck if I need to change in the middle of a gig or practice but thats life I guess - nothing is perfect.

• Taking this a bit further just to ensure I understand correctly, suppose I assign 4 different effects to buttons A, B, C, and D, and lock them. Regardless of what rig I call up, these same 4 effects should always be there unless/until I unlock the Stomps section. However, although I want them available in all rigs, I won't want the same parameter settings in each rig, which is where Performance Mode comes in.

In Performance Mode, once I've assigned individual rigs to each slot I can then unlock the Stomps section, edit the individual Stomp parameters as needed, lock the Stomp section again and save the newly edited rig, which will be saved within the selected Performance but not alter/affect the original rig in the rig pool, unless I choose to save it there as a new rig.

Correct so far?

• No, this doesn't work.
    When you lock a Stomp/Effect you lock everything: ON/Off State, Button Assignment and every Parameter.

If you would now take a locked piece, unlock it, change its parameters and lock it again (it doesn't even need to be unlocked) the new parameters will be locked and stay the same in each recalled rig. That's the point of locking them down. ;)

If you need the same effects with different parameters, you have to set and save them for each rig.
    For this purpose you can of course lock all effects and choose your rig. Now you adjust every parameter to your liking and save this rig. Continue until all your rigs include the desired effects and parameters and the unlock everything again.

• If you need the same effects with different parameters, you have to set and save them for each rig.
    For this purpose you can of course lock all effects and choose your rig. Now you adjust every parameter to your liking and save this rig. Continue until all your rigs include the desired effects and parameters and the unlock everything again.

I think I may have misunderstood something fundamentally so I have to ask this question - apologies if this is convoluted...:

Scenario A: Lets say I take Air Chorus, tweak it and save it out as Air Chorus 1. I bring Air Chorus 1 into Rig 1, Rig 2 and Rig 3. I tweak it individually in Rig 1, save Rig 1. I go to Rig 2, tweak it differently and save Rig 2. Same with Rig 3. At no time do I go back and save a new version of Air Chorus, only the rigs. Does this mean the individual tweaking for each rig's version of Air Chorus are maintained separately and without new presets in the Stomp section?

Scenario B: Same as above but instead of Rig 1, Rig 2 and Rig 3, I do it for slot 1, slot 2 and slot 3 of a single performance and then save the performance. Does this mean the individual tweaking for each performance's version of Air Chorus are maintained separately and without new presets in the Stomp section?

Thanks in advance

• No problem! We all want to get the best out of it.

Scenario A: Absolutely correct. No new presets will be saved, just the tweaked parameters are saved for each rig individually.

Scenario B: Is correct as well. No new presets will be saved, just the tweaked parameters are saved for each rig individually.
    However, here you need to be a bit careful so that that no change is dicarded and you save what you want.
    If you only want to save the performance once after all Slots are tweaked you need to switch the slots with the buttons on the Kemper. This way you can go back and forth between slots. If you use the Remote the Kemper will load the saved slot and you LOSE your tweakening.
    If you are unsure then just tweak a slot, save the performance and move on to the next.

• Scenario A: Absolutely correct. No new presets will be saved, just the tweaked parameters are saved for each rig individually.
    Scenario B: Is correct as well. No new presets will be saved, just the tweaked parameters are saved for each rig individually.

Are you sure about this? Is it only the tweaked parameters that are saved or is there a version of the stomp that is saved, only not visible as a preset?

• No, this doesn't work.
    When you lock a Stomp/Effect you lock everything: ON/Off State, Button Assignment and every Parameter.

If you would now take a locked piece, unlock it, change its parameters and lock it again (it doesn't even need to be unlocked) the new parameters will be locked and stay the same in each recalled rig. That's the point of locking them down. ;)

If you need the same effects with different parameters, you have to set and save them for each rig.

But it does work. I suspect we're both saying the same thing, but differently. :)

• This sort of blows my mind a bit - and really makes trying to come up with a logical way to approach the management of the effects and stomps very difficult if its correct and true.

I wish someone from Kemper would weigh in so I can figure out how I need to approach this issue...

Paging @Burkhard @DonPetersen Can you guys help?

• NEVERMIND!

Mr. Kemper weighed in on a related thread over on the Gear Page:

Post #58:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/boa…on-to-jump.1655744/page-3