Active stage monitor and cab emulator question

• Hello,

i am am currently running a unpowered Kemper into a Friedman asm-12. I also plan on running another active cabinet behind me for the Kemper to sit on and run with the Friedman stereo. Possibly a tech 21 power engine or something similar?

My question is with the Friedman monitor should I have the cabinet emulator off globally? That's where I am confused when it should be on or off. thanks for the help

Another question if someone can please help me understand what I am looking for at practice we tend to get loud I don't really understand the differences between class a/b, class d, and class g my class g Friedman barely carries me over the drummer at practice

Edited once, last by tnrocks ().

• That is adverstised as a modeller, so the cab profiling should stay on. But feel free to try, and choose what sounds best to you!

As for volume... are you sure you're feeding the amp with the most robust signal?

• Yea I tried it without the cab on and it sounded fizzy so that answered my question.

Right now I'm running the Friedman asm-12 in mono so I'm going main out L of the Kemper into the input of the Friedman.

• You should check how strong the signal you send the amp is.
    I'd advise about -15 dB, but do not use the amp's guitar input, if any :)
    With the Profiler you should use a line-level input, such as the Return of an effect loop or a "Line In".

Hope this clarifies :)

• OK, so the cab should only have line-level inputs.

In he Output menu you're able to read the output in dB for each outlet.
    Choose the proper one you're using and set it :)
    If the cab has got an overload LED and an input know, set things so that the overload never blinks (or read the cab's manual for more details).

On the Profiler, set Clean Sens and Rig Volume so that both the Input and Output LEDs barely blink red when you strum the strongest. This will give you the highest possible output.

HTH :)