Master Volume rotation configuration?

• I´ve got a problem:
    I use the Master Volume to control only the monitor by setting "Monitor Out Link".
    If I rotate the Master Volume knob, it reacts very directly. By rotating only a little bit, the volume turns from extremly loud to extremly silent.
    Is there a way to adjust the "way" of reacting?
    F.e. rotating a full rotation changes "only" 20% or 30%...

• This could potentially be an encoder problem. Have you tried to do a full clockwise and counterclockwise rotation? Does the behaviour change?
    I so with all rigs or only one?
    I remember having a simila Problem with the rig volume encoder and for me it was near impossible to dial it in at 0 dB.
    I suspected my encoder had a problem but in the end only one rig showed this behaviour and not others.

• The problem exists in every rig.
    So the sensitivity of the knob is far to high.

How about your monitor's input attenuator? do you have it wide open?

Turn it down... like to may 1/4. Does your kemper's monitor out still behave the same way? You don't need to turn the monitor's level all the way open to achieve full power.... Kemper should be able to drive an input into clipping with ease. The level knob on a powered monitor is an input attenuator... not a volume control.

• The problem is NOT, that it is too loud or too silent.
    The problem is that both knobs, Master Volume and Monitor Volume, react too sensible.
    I would like to rotate a knob one full rotation at least with only a little bit of changing.
    (Hope everybody understand my bad english!)

The problem is that both knobs, Master Volume and Monitor Volume, react too sensible.
    I would like to rotate a knob one full rotation at least with only a little bit of changing.

Well, in this case I suggest to open a support ticket, please.

• I don't think that this is a hardware problem. Both knobs, Master Volume and Monitor Volume react like this. How strong is the probability that both knobs are damaged?
    Will send an email to Kemper.
    Thanks!

• Mhhh... you may want to check this: open the Output menu and check the dB metering change when you turn the knobs. On my system, the least knob rotation (both on the Main and Monitor volume knobs) corresponds to 0.1-0.4 dB. Also, a single green dot fully dims or lightens up in about 1 dB.
    Now, while the display still shows the Output settings, turn the Master Volume knob: on my system it reacts by the same order of magnitude (you'll have to wait a fraction of second in order for the screen to change what it's showing).

HTH

• I just wanted to suggest the same than Vibracroce. If you adjust in the Output section, you can make the master button react differently.

In my example, I had no sound until say 3 or 4 in the master volume scale. And thereafter a sudden increase, which I didn't like. By casualty I found out that changing the db in the relevant output section, also changed the master volume's behavior. Good luck!

• They said this is normal?
    Have you by any chance tried the tests I suggested?

The fact that the master volume knob covers the whole range of values in one turn is indeed normal. behaviour Big jumps when you turn the knob only slightly would be not normal of course but there were no sudden jumps in value in the video that the OP sent me. His encoder works fine he just wants it to be 4 times less sensitive so you would need 4 full turns of the knob to cover the full range.

Huh??

Stefans, do I understand you correctly? Are you seriously hoping that you can rotate an amplifier volume knob through 360 Degrees (2 pi radians) and only make a small change.

First of all, I am not aware of ANY tube guitar amplifier that has a volume potentiometer knob that turns through a full 360 degrees, to say nothing of an even greater rotation. Most volume pots have a range of 270 degrees or smaller. I realize that the KPA's volume knob is a digital encoder...nevertheless, the "logic" of the encoder range on the KPA's volume (as well as the EQs) knobs are to emulate what one would see on a tube amplifier's electro-mechanical pots.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your question??