New Trio+ Tone Suck?

• You can use any sort of adaptors, really. A mono plug out that splits in two mono sockets is as common as the one in the pic. And you can have it as a cable rather than as a rigid piece.

HTH

• Could you please detail that more Ingolf ? What should the physical connections be?

Indeed I thought this night I'd connect a stereo to 2 mono jack I have from the trio headphone out to alternative and direct returns in the KPA

your solution also interests me
    cheers

• Could you please detail that more Ingolf ? What should the physical connections be?

My usual signal chain is unchanged: Guitar to Kemper >> monitor out >> FRFR Box input 1.
    Additionally I place a loop in slot X and go Kemper send >> FRFR Box input 2.
    Both my DXR 10 and CLR cabs have more than one input.

• My usual signal chain is unchanged: Guitar to Kemper >> monitor out >> FRFR Box input 1.

All that equipment and no mixer?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• My usual signal chain is unchanged: Guitar to Kemper >> monitor out >> FRFR Box input 1.

Do you mean Kemper send >> trio+ >> FRFR Box input 2? What's the difference from running without loop the KPA direct out >> trio+ >> FRFR Box input 2?

moreover, I think these setups would not work if I want to have it all through headphones cause I'd need to send the trio+ back to the KPA somehow.

I want to succeed playing through headphones cause that's great for jammin' at night :pinch: I need to try out the trio+ headphone out >> KPA alternative & return inputs, maybe tonight

• Do you mean Kemper send >> trio+ >> FRFR Box input 2?t

Yes, of course.

What's the difference from running without loop the KPA direct out >> trio+ >> FRFR Box input 2?

None if the direct out carries The Kemper stack Signal.

For jamming at night The Trio+ built in emulation will do.
    ;)

• Could it be the automatic eq-ing in the trio+ that is causing some of these issues? Highs and lows are emphasized on the amp-out to make drums and other instruments sound half decent through a mid-focused guitar-amp, while the mixer-out is flat for feeding to some FRFR-system (mixer, full-range monitor etc).

• yeah, it does EQing the outputs, especially if you use only one of the outputs for all sound. you will get some info on the trio+ manual which can be downloaded on the product webpage. go to page 15, it refers to jack connections. they refer to some EQing but don't say much about it

• I've read all contributions to set up the TRIO PLUS with the Kemper but I can't follow all different ways of connecting. I own a TRIO since yesterday and would like to get get best possible sound.
    - I have a 22-channel mixer, connected to 2 KRK studio monitors
    - Then I have a Powerhead
    - I have 2 QSC K8 PA cabinets
    and now a TRIO PLUS.
    I noticed that the standard connections on the TRIO PLUS sheet not cover the specific connection possibilities on the Kemper. So what is the best possible way to use the TRIO PLUS with the Kemper with my stuff ( my cabinets and mixer) so that it's also possible to play live as well as record everything on computer with my Adobe Audition recording software which is directly connected to my mixer with a USB cable.
    I hope that someone can show/explain things with the help of this diagram.http://www.imgdumper.nl/upload…3c888937f-Connections.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by theplayer ().

• Thanks Ingolf. But what is a side signal and where do I have to feed that to the TRIO+? Why should I analyze what I play? What is the signal chain to be unaltered. (sorry for my questions but these specific English terms I don't understand)

• Thanks Ingolf. But what is a side signal and where do I have to feed that to the TRIO+? Why should I analyze what I play? What is the signal chain to be unaltered. (sorry for my questions but these specific English terms I don't understand)

With side signal I mean that you only need to send a guitar signal to the Trio+ for it to analyze the chords you play in order to create a backing.
    This guitar signal is ONLY for the purpose of analysis by the Trio+. T
    Therefore you simply tap a signal form the Kemper (like I said preferably from the direct out.
    The usual signal chain you use for your guitar sound remains unaltered then.
    The procedure with the Trio+ is similar when you feed a side signal to a guitar tuner. Think of the Trio+ as a tuner that needs your signal to analyze in order to create a backing.
    Does this help?

• Yes, but it got clearer when I saw your answers to a topic from April 30. You mentioned there your real concrete signal chain: guitar >> Trio+ input >> Trio send >> Kemper input >> Kemper monitor output (could as well be the main out) >> Trio+ return >> Trio + mixer output >> Atomic CLR.
    This works.

And, as for my mixer: happily I saw your answer to a question if this signal chain allows for stereo output into a mixer and then in 2 studio monitors. (happily because I have the same construction!)
    Your answer: Yes, but in this case you'd use the headphone out of the Trio+ (you'd need an adapter from mini-TRS to 2 TS).
    I know how. With this, right? http://www.eurodiscmuziek.nl/d…ack-2x-mono-jack-l-r.htmlSo from headphones stereo out to 2 mono jack inputs on the mixer, right?

I saw another reply one from 2 days later: guitar --> KPA input KPA direct out (master mix) --> Trio+ guitar in Trio+ headphone out --> KPA aux in & alternative in (special cable jack 1/8 stereo to 2 mono 1/4)KPA monitor out --> monitoring system OR headphones out

Now we're getting somewhere... Thanks! :)

• Hi
    I got my Trio plus about a month ago and have been trying different setups to get the best outcome from both the Trio and the Kemper.
    Im using an unpowered Kemper, a Yamaha 10 channel mixer and 2 studio monitors.

This is my preferred method:

Guitar connected to Kemper input jack
    2 cables (left & right) from the Kemper Main output into a stereo line in (left & right) on my Yamaha mixer
    A cable from the Kemper Monitor output into the Guitar in of the Trio
    A cable from the Trio Mixer out to a mono line in (left) on my Yamaha mixer
    A cable from the Trio Amp out to a mono line in (left) on my Yamaha mixer
    My studio monitors are connected to the Yamaha mixer Stereo Monitor outs (left & right)
    All volume settings on my Yamaha mixer are at 12 o'clock/no eq
    On the Kemper in the Output menu I can adjust the Main out volume
    On the Kemper in the Output menu I can adjust the Monitor out volume/eq
    I can now toggle between the Main out and the Monitor out to hear any volume/tone difference and use the Kemper Monitor eq (or on the Yamaha mixer) to remove any "tone suck"

With this set up I hear the Trio bass/drums/loop thru both monitors and it allows me to change rigs on the Kemper and hear the rig as I play over the backing track from the Trio

Hope this helps
    Cheers