Cheap audio interface

• What does cheap mean for you? :rolleyes:

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• The Focusrite Scarlett series gets a lot of love here, I use it myself and it works top, But the Solo has only one TRS + one XLR input, which means, that for recording stereo, you will always need another adapter. If you pay a little bit more, you get more comfortable stereo options:

http://www.thomann.de/de/focusrite_scarlett_2i2.htm

The nxt level device, the 6i6, also offers digital in (& out), which will give you the best sound quality because the signal from the KPA stays digital all the time. It's more expensive though.

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I have a Komplete Audio 6 on the way. They are relatively inexpensive for what they offer, and have generally good reviews.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I'm running a Roland Quad Capture. The Komplete Audio 6 has some additional software that can be useful.

I recommend getting a interface with S/PDIF In and Out. This makes reamping and recording much easier. I would rather get a used one than missing out the S/PDIF Option (i actually did :) )

• I have a Komplete Audio 6 on the way. They are relatively inexpensive for what they offer, and have generally good reviews.

Uhhh I hope the KA6 works for you. It's a good looking and very small box, but I could not watch Youtube without the sound getting grainy after about 20 minutes. Then I had to restart the browser every time, which was of course annoying. It had also problems running Youtube and Cubase side by side. That's why I sold mine and got the Scarlett after a long research, which hasn't failed on me once. That being said, it could of course have been - though I wasn't the only one to experience this issue - a problem with my specific system configuration. NI was not very helpful. But then again there are many many satisfied users, so chances are good, it will work for you. Let us know!

• Uhhh I hope the KA6 works for you. It's a good looking and very small box, but I could not watch Youtube without the sound getting grainy after about 20 minutes. Then I had to restart the browser every time, which was of course annoying. It had also problems running Youtube and Cubase side by side. That's why I sold mine and got the Scarlett after a long research, which hasn't failed on me once. That being said, it could of course have been - though I wasn't the only one to experience this issue - a problem with my specific system configuration. NI was not very helpful. But then again there are many many satisfied users, so chances are good, it will work for you. Let us know!

They released unofficial drivers which fixes this issue :) Now i saw in NI's support page that they have released v4.2.0 on 25.11.2015, and i think this is the version i was talking about.

• They released unofficial drivers which fixes this issue Now i saw in NI's support page that they have released v4.2.0 on 25.11.2015, and i think this is the version i was talking about.

Great they did, but it took years :) . Of course a good thing for people going to buy this - other than that very good - unit these days.