why is my sound dull with cab on?

• Whether I use 2 QSC10's or studio monitors my sound is lacking treble when I have any cab on. Even with max treble the sound is dull.
    With cab off I have loads of treble so then i have to reduce some treble but then sound is oke but not great. Also the moment i turn cab off there is a squeking noise is that normal?
    But my main issue here is that i cant use cabs

Edited once, last by Peerless ().

• Just a quick trouble shooting check:
    You didn't (by accident) lock the Cabinet block while there was a terrible dull cabinet loaded?
    You can still enable/disable the Cabinet block, but rig changes won't change the currently loaded cab in the locked block.

• It was a dull cabinet but there seem to be a lot of dull cabinets. I have now tried some variations in amps and cabinets and now I can also get some fairly oke sounds. But still a bit dissapointed. Yesterday I tried it with an EV 12XP monitor. Clean sounds are good but distortion still sounds a bit digital in the high frequencies. I have a '97 Lonestar Strat with Texas special pickups and Seymour duncan pearly gates in the bridge.
    I also found out that the cabinet merge function improved the sound. Whatever that may do...have to read the manual
    Still I get the best sounds by not using the BM profiles. That's weird because they sure have to be good
    Mbritt and And44 work oke for me but still not better than my normal H&K 25th anniversary amp. I miss a tight low end and smooth highs.

@viabcroce no Pure Cabinet is on zero.

• It was a dull cabinet but there seem to be a lot of dull cabinets. I have now tried some variations in amps and cabinets and now I can also get some fairly oke sounds. But still a bit dissapointed. Yesterday I tried it with an EV 12XP monitor. Clean sounds are good but distortion still sounds a bit digital in the high frequencies. I have a '97 Lonestar Strat with Texas special pickups and Seymour duncan pearly gates in the bridge.
    I also found out that the cabinet merge function improved the sound. Whatever that may do...have to read the manual
    Still I get the best sounds by not using the BM profiles. That's weird because they sure have to be good
    Mbritt and And44 work oke for me but still not better than my normal H&K 25th anniversary amp. I miss a tight low end and smooth highs.

Hello Peerless,

A) What exactly are you merging? The "Merge" process applies to the original author of the profile. The original author first makes a Studio Profile (mic'd Cabinet). Immediately after making the Studio Profile, and without changing any amp settings, the author makes a Direct Amp Profile (using a suitable DI box). The author then creates a Merged profile through the "Merge" process.

If you want to try different Cabinets with an amplifier, then you should be using either of the following methods:

1) Lock everything but the Cabinet Module. This will keep the amp fixed, and then you can browse and audition other Cabinets by using the browse knob. Once you find one you like, you can then hit "Store", and save the amp with the new Cab as a new Rig/profile. After you are finished auditioning Cabinets, don't forget to Unlock the other modules.

2) Find a Rig with a Cab that you like, press the Cab menu button to enter the Cab menu. Hit "Copy". Then scroll/browse to the destination Amp that you want to apply this Cab to, and hit "Paste". If you like the result, don't forget to hit "Store" and save with a new name.

B) Have you read the manual, at all? Not trying to be a smart ass...but this is definitely important.

C) What are "BM" profiles?

D) Try turning up "Pure Cab" parameter. I have mine set at 6, but others will adjust it even higher (or lower, as the case may be). It is all a matter of preference. In any event, you definitely want to experiment with this parameter.

Cheers,
    John

Edited 2 times, last by Tritium ().

• distortion still sounds a bit digital in the high frequencies.

?

That's not digital... that's how a close mic'ed distorted amp sounds like usually.
    Unless you are (digitally) clipping the Input or the Output. Check the LEDs!

The Kemper sounds "digital" exactly like Bonamassa's distorted tones sound digital through a CD player ;)

• ?

That's not digital... that's how a close mic'ed distorted amp sounds like usually.
    Unless you are (digitally) clipping the Input or the Output. Check the LEDs!

The Kemper sounds "digital" exactly like Bonamassa's distorted tones sound digital through a CD player ;)

Sigh! This, of course...