Getting my Kemper today - which profile should I go after first?

• Here's another tip. A lot of the factory profiles or rigs have some kind of effects on when you load them. That can be pretty cool, but to really hear the amp, I turn off the effects on those rigs.

Learn to Swim

• When I say presets, I use that term more or less to refer to where they are stored. I'm used to the terms Banks and Presets, and from a layout perspective, I think the Rigs are the same as Presets, in that they are stored within Banks of 5, or Performances. It's just the way my brain looks at them. Basically, to me, they're 5 different sounds/presets/banks that make up the patch that I'll be using for a particular song. But I know what you're saying.

And when I'm searching for the right sound, I always use a dry sound first (no effects). I just want to hear what the amp/cab/mic sound like. That's the meat of the sound right there. If that doesn't sound good, effects aren't going to help it (IMO). Effects are just the spices that go on it after to bring out the extra flavor.

Damn. Too many food references. Now I want a steak!

• When I say presets, I use that term more or less to refer to where they are stored. I'm used to the terms Banks and Presets, and from a layout perspective, I think the Rigs are the same as Presets, in that they are stored within Banks of 5, or Performances. It's just the way my brain looks at them. Basically, to me, they're 5 different sounds/presets/banks that make up the patch that I'll be using for a particular song. But I know what you're saying.

And when I'm searching for the right sound, I always use a dry sound first (no effects). I just want to hear what the amp/cab/mic sound like. That's the meat of the sound right there. If that doesn't sound good, effects aren't going to help it (IMO). Effects are just the spices that go on it after to bring out the extra flavor.

Damn. Too many food references. Now I want a steak!

Sounds like we're in total agreement :)

(I also want a steak now...)

Looking forward to hearing your (second day) impressions!

• On the Kemper website there are some rig packs you can download it will be in one of them, Off the top of my head I can't remember which one sorry :)

Hey Raoul,

I still can't find this one. When you have a moment, could you point me in the right direction? I went to the Kemper site as you mentioned, and did a search for "TAF JCM800" but it brings up nothing. Is it in one of the free packs from The Amp Factory?

I've just downloaded the "AGL Some Marshall" rigs from the Kemper website as Ingolf suggested, and all of the Friedman BE and Splawn profiles that Tim Owens has posted. I'm going to load all of these up this week and try them with the Yamaha DXR 10 when that arrives.

• Hey Raoul,

I still can't find this one. When you have a moment, could you point me in the right direction? I went to the Kemper site as you mentioned, and did a search for "TAF JCM800" but it brings up nothing. Is it in one of the free packs from The Amp Factory?

I've just downloaded the "AGL Some Marshall" rigs from the Kemper website as Ingolf suggested, and all of the Friedman BE and Splawn profiles that Tim Owens has posted. I'm going to load all of these up this week and try them with the Yamaha DXR 10 when that arrives.

Yep it's in The Amp Factory bundle :)