How/why do you use overdrive/distortion stomps in front of the amp?

• i use a vfe focus pedal, it's killing it for high gain sounds, but there's one thing i still haven't figured out, when i use a wah in the stomps section of the kemper , the wah isn't almost hearable, with the focus pedal off the kemper wah is perfect, in my old settings the wah was before the focus , i could do this again but then it adds a pedal to ground, would rather love to have only my fcb1010 on the ground , oh well, keep on searching for the hoy grail of tone

• well, i had also one for my tube amp, and use it now with my kemper, i still have the impression it adds that little more as in comparison to the gain or stomps of the kemper, although i haven't profiled my tube amp with the pedal in front, maybe then the vfe will become useless

• I love this real Wha, it never failled !!!

"La théorie, c'est quand on sait tout et que rien ne fonctionne. La pratique, c'est quand tout fonctionne et que personne ne sait pourquoi. Ici, nous avons réuni théorie et pratique : Rien ne fonctionne... et personne ne sait pourquoi !" - Albert E.

• I use a Donner "blues crab", which is a cheap Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal clone.
    It's only use is as a "dirt boost" (a slight boost that makes your signal more dirty). I have tried to reproduce this effect with the available stomps in the kemper or by fiddling with amp settings, but with no success.
    I hope the stomp section will be improved in the future for OD, the green scream is pretty cool so i think most of the "classic" OD should be implemented.