Pedal calibration problems- constant need to recalibrate everytime

• Got an issue with calibrating an expression pedal.
    I calibrate as normal, ie push "calibrate" and then sweep pedal through its range. everything works fine and as expected until i unplug and re-plug in the expression pedeal and then i can only sweep through half the range. Meaning, i have to then recalibrate the pedal. Obviously this is not practical and shouldnt need to be done everytime.

has anyone else had this or perhaps get different reading following an unplug of their expression pedal?

• Following up to the last post, i've done a bit of investigating and experimenting and it appears that the remote auto-calibrates an expression when you first plug it in based on the value (the full-scale range) of the potentiometer connected. The flaw in this is that some expression pedals may not sweep across their full-mechanical range of the pot and thus never reach min/max values. This is when the calibration procedure is required. The downside to this is that unless your pedal sweeps through 100% of the range of the potentiometer that is being used you have to calibrate every time that pedal is re-connected.

I may have missed something here, or may even have a bug, so anyone with a little electronics knowledge can verify my findings.
    thanks