Ability to profile preamp and cabinet separately and simultaneously.

• Seems there are plenty of inputs to make a profiling program that would first take a profile from the preamp section only, through the fx send/return, and then take a second component from the mic'ed cab or speaker output (for those that desire). Would be awesome to take that one step further and allow power heads to take a snapshot of just the speaker cab, independent from the tube pre and tube power amp, allowing for three separate components in a single patch. In this there would be unltimate flexibility to send the complete Mic'ed amp to the FOH, while allowing the monitor out to feed the FX return of the tube amp on stage, or allowing the direct out/power head out to feed an amp/cabinet on stage.

What I want is to take the Kemper's direct out to the FOH board for best sound quality and consistency, and allow the player to tweak and play on stage with a real amp either through the power head (or external amp), or via the FX return on a real tube amp, as they desire.

Since the kemper allows the cap component to be switched off, it at least makes sense to profile this to allow the true sound of the amp to go to the direct out when doing that.

i know you can take multiple profiles of the amp and merge them, but it seems less flexible, and I think all the pieces are already present for going the next mile in accuracy and flexibility.

Thanks for considering!

• I asked about this a few weeks ago. Kemper does only one thing, but it does't that one thing the best out of all the competition.

For everything else routing wise look at the axe fx.

• You can already profile a cab alone. Of course you'll need a preamp and a power amp to drive it anyway, but merged profiling is meant to help you just isolate the cab (when used in the traditional way).

• You can already profile a cab alone. Of course you'll need a preamp and a power amp to drive it anyway, but merged profiling is meant to help you just isolate the cab (when used in the traditional way).

Do you mean there is a way to make a cab profile without doiung an end-to-end profile and then subtracting the speaker-out profile from it? if so, is there still a way to merge the cab profile into a complete patch?

Know of any tutorials? I am realizing I am going to have to make my own profiles to get this box to sound the way I want, so I'm looking for the best workflow to adopt in getting that done.

• What you ask is phisically impossible, since a line-level signal needs to be amplified to a power level in order to fully drive a cab. What do you have against the standard procedure?

:)