Best solution for home practice

• Hi everybody. Saludos from Spain. About home practice and jamming, wich of these sets is better? A yamaha dxr10 or a camplifier studio with a camper plus kit. My range of money its 400/600 euros.

Thanks!

• Hi everybody. Saludos from Spain. About home practice and jamming, wich of these sets is better?

My proposal would be: Active studio Monitors. The price can be from 200-300/pc up to ????? (do not count normally in this area ;) )

The DXR is definitly to loud in a home studio. As stage monitor it would be my choice.
    You can not feed the DXR to get a fully sound or you have a steady war with your neighbour ;)

• I disagree. Any decent FRFR cab will sound great at any volume. (Only Fletcher- Munson determines perceived sound changes).
    The key question is more: if you plan to play out go the route of Yamaha DXR 10 or Atomic CLR, if you need way smaller solutions and never play out you should look for studio monitors.

And welcome.

• Thanks for the opinions. The problem its a decent pair of studio monitors in this range of money. I looking for something with the less footprint. Is there anything like frfr in studio monitors?

The other question its the sensation of in front of amp with a cabinet or monitor.

Any other recomendations? Thanks folks!

• I disagree. Any decent FRFR cab will sound great at any volume. (Only Fletcher- Munson determines perceived sound changes).

Well, I have no problem with disagree in that topic - its not the first time in this matter ;)
    My personal experience is based on trials with a 800W FRFR aktive Monitor (Mackie) and my cheep Behringer Studio monitor.

The sound I tweak with my studio Monitors at home with a level more than bed room athmosphere and less than my neighbour shoot me is closer to the result I hear via PA at Gig-Level than a tweaked sound with the 800 W monitor at home.
    The reason could not be just the Fletcher- Munson or age-related loss of hearing high frequences.
    For me it was not only a matter of money ;)

• Thanks for the opinions. The problem its a decent pair of studio monitors in this range of money. I looking for something with the less footprint. Is there anything like frfr in studio monitors?

The other question its the sensation of in front of amp with a cabinet or monitor.

Any other recomendations? Thanks folks!

ok this is something that comes up again and again. First about the monitor- I use a dxr10 quietly at home and loud at gigs no problem. But the more important thing is this ever present issue of wanting small footprint quiet monitors that have the presence of a 4x12. It's never going to happen, it's a simple matter of physics. The kemper will sound lovely through any decent monitoring solution, but a 6" monitor can never pack a punch like a proper guitar cab or a larger speaker like a dxr10.

• but a 6" monitor can never pack a punch like a proper guitar cab or a larger speaker like a dxr10.

I agree for use on stage. The DXR 10 would have more pressure with a very good sound.
    A near field Studio Monitor at stage would be on a wrong place. ;)

• Not sure how to reply to that Sharry:)
    I think it must be a rhetorical statement, although I've been tempted to hang a mic off my Roland Cube Lite

Now it's me who do not know how to replay ;)
    I try a summery.
    The topic is what monitor for playing at home.
    At home I have better experience with a studio monitor than with a big full range box. Special for tweaking sounds I like to use later on stage. -> My personal experience!
    On stage I never would use a near field studiomonitor.
    On stage I use a bigger full range box for personal monitoring . (Mains are connected to PA). Yamaha DXR 10 would be a very good gear for this purpose.
    What kind of theoretical statement did you imagine?