reamping with apogee duet

• Is it possible to reamp with an interface that only has 2 inputs and 2 outputs?
    I've tried re-amping with my apogee Duet, without much success. When I playback the recorded DI track I can't hear the rig selected in the Kemper, only the dry DI track.

• Is it possible to reamp with an interface that only has 2 inputs and 2 outputs?
    I've tried re-amping with my apogee Duet, without much success. When I playback the recorded DI track I can't hear the rig selected in the Kemper, only the dry DI track.

With two inputs and outputs, you'll have to do things this way:

1) Select git/studio for output you are recording DI signal on.

2) Create mono track in DAW. Set this to the left input of your git/studio output.

3) Record DI.

4) Change output on DI track to the one you are routing to your Kemper.

5) In Kemper, navigate to input section, change input to SPDIF reamp.

6) Change output of Kemper to stack or master stereo.

7) Play back track. You should be able to monitor using headphones. Just select that as the appropriate output.

Hope this helps.

• I have a similar problem. Two inputs and two outputs on my interface. Do I have to use SPDIF or can I use TRS/TS cables... When I try it now, I get major feedback...haven't tried changing output to what u suggested either...

• Thanks Nightlight.

Most of what you suggested I have done, apart from the following:

5) I'm not using spdif, since the apogee Duet does not have spdif. Instead I use "Return Input Reamp"
    6) I did not change the output at this stage, I left it to git/studio. Could that be the issue?

• I have a similar problem. Two inputs and two outputs on my interface. Do I have to use SPDIF or can I use TRS/TS cables... When I try it now, I get major feedback...haven't tried changing output to what u suggested either...

Evenian,

The feedback is probably because you have a track with output set to the same output you're sending the DI signal from. This must be creating a loop.

• Thanks Nightlight.

Most of what you suggested I have done, apart from the following:

5) I'm not using spdif, since the apogee Duet does not have spdif. Instead I use "Return Input Reamp"
    6) I did not change the output at this stage, I left it to git/studio. Could that be the issue?

Actually, I take that back.
    6) I have the mains output set to Master Left.

• Hi Terji,

Sorry I can't help you. It's been a while since I've done the test, and I don't remember how I did it. The process is so cumbersome that I can't figure out how to replicate it. I gave up reamping for now. Maybe one day if I get an interface with more inputs.