Friedman Asm 12 . .thumbs up or thumbs down?

• Hey folks . .I'm thinking of buying the Friedman asm 12 and was wondering what your experiences with it have been , for good or ill. Can you compare it to some of your other FRFR rigs? Is it worth the price ? Any helpful insights, advice, opinions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

• I owned a pair of them. They sound very good but are not easy to carry around. They are heavy and very awkward to carry due to where the handle is located on the cab. I've sinced sold them and went with QSC K12's which have way more power and sound just as good if not better imo. Good luck!

• I just got one in from Sweetwater. I was going back and forth on it and the CLR but figured I would like it since I prefer guitar cabs. I played my kemper and amplifire through it for hours. Very nice sounding unit but I think I may want to send it back and go for the CLR. It slightly colors the sound to my ears...not majorly, but enough that I hear a small difference. It's also awkwardly heavy. By that I mean, they put the handle underneath the wedge. Not sure why they did that but it's a PITA to move it. My goal was to lighten and downsize my rig.

• Very nice sounding unit but I think I may want to send it back and go for the CLR.

Please, by all means , send it back and I'll buy it as a "demo" model from them. 8o
    I just got a Friedman ASM 12 from Sweetwater a few days ago and am thrilled by it. Yes, it's heavy, the handle makes sense to me if I don't lift it in a hurry. I was playing my KPA thru a pair of Yamaha DBR 10's with a Behringer 12" sub and the Friedman sounds way way better, not boxy the way the Yamahas do. I put a the a stock profile of a Fender Twin thru it and I was stunned by the difference. The thing is plenty loud and full sounding.

I do hope you find something you are happy with. For me the ASM 12 is a good deal on price and quality. I just wish Friedman would've put a combo 1/4"/XLR input on it instead of just the XLR.

Best of luck in your search.

• Please, by all means , send it back and I'll buy it as a "demo" model from them. 8o
    I just got a Friedman ASM 12 from Sweetwater a few days ago and am thrilled by it. Yes, it's heavy, the handle makes sense to me if I don't lift it in a hurry. I was playing my KPA thru a pair of Yamaha DBR 10's with a Behringer 12" sub and the Friedman sounds way way better, not boxy the way the Yamahas do. I put a the a stock profile of a Fender Twin thru it and I was stunned by the difference. The thing is plenty loud and full sounding.

I do hope you find something you are happy with. For me the ASM 12 is a good deal on price and quality. I just wish Friedman would've put a combo 1/4"/XLR input on it instead of just the XLR.

Best of luck in your search.

Don't get me wrong...it's a very good sounding cab. But you're right. Not having 1/4" inputs is a drawback. I bought a 1/4" to xlr cable but I like that the CLR has many more options to it. I'm hoping to try one out soon. If for some reason I don't keep the Friedman, maybe we can make a deal. ;)

• CLR has many more options to it. I'm hoping to try one out soon.

I was considering a CLR ( the regular, not the Neo version) and also XiTone powered cabs but I'm happy with my ASM 12. I know I'll be getting another to run in stereo. I'm on the Fractal waitlist for the AX8 and the invites are flying now so I may put off buying another ASM 12 for the moment. Then again, maybe not. Let me know how you like the CLR. Maybe we can make a deal if you drop your Friedman.