Crossover control for monitoring ?

• Ok , another stupid question for y'all.........

I have a gig tomorrow night where the only monitors I will have are 1 - An old 2x12 early 70's Hiwatt cab with Fanes and 2 - A Roland Cube...... ( yeah weird I know !!! )

I tried them both today and ran out of the Ambrosi power section of my KPA....One line from main speaker out of Ambrosi power section into Hiwatt cab and the other from the Ambrosi 'Monitor' out into the Roland Cube.

The issue is that the old Hiwatt Fanes cab has very little top end and the 1x8 in the Roland has no real bottom end.....

SO...................

I WANT TO TRY AND SEND TWO SIGNALS TO THE CAB & CUBE.....

One that has mainly the bass and low middle end and one that has the mid, high mid and top end frequencies to the other ....

Can it be done ? Well .I know the Hiwatt Fanes will only be driven by the Ambrosi ( monitor out ) and I can EQ that...

Is my only option then to take a line out of either left or right and will it give enough to just EQ that in the Roland Cube ?

While you ponder this ....I might as well throw another hand grenade in ............

I'd like to see if I can run a monitor setup in stereo as well which would probably mean taking both outputs from the jack outs ( one into Ambrosi power amp and panned left at monitor out ) and the other right output into the cube....

Anyone any better ideas?

• :) Thanks Paul.....

I have 6 or 7 cabs but this is the one one I have to hand for tomorrow nights gig.

Tried all the brightening up with the EQ but its not happening as much as I'd like .... appreciate the response though.

I usually just use a Dynacord wedge as monitor but the dickhead singer in this particular band is on about 'GRUNT' from the guitar :* If he wants grunt he'll get grunt ... ( Its a 200w wedge that I usually drive at -80db on the monitor output volume )

Thanks again